Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
I really like the players they bought this transfer window but I don't expect much from Chelsea this season. I could be wrong though. The way I see it, they're all relatively young players who've never played in the Premier League, which is undoubtedly tougher than the leagues they came from. Lampard is a new coach, his tactics and style still need time to polish up. It's going to take some time for these guys to gel as a team on the pitch...along with the pressure on them, I expect them to be exhausted and to fold going into the latter half of the season.
:francis:
you don't get time with the type of money they spent
better hit the ground running

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ziyech
Havertz
Werner

What a ridiculous upgrade. :wow:

New goalkeeper soon come and I still think they got one more signing lined up after that. Love to see it.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
EhPAQniWoAQKX1J

Don't mean a damn thing but let me have false hope. :mjcry:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Barca fans will complain till the bitter end but a trio of Wijnaldum, Pjanic, and De Jong would be the best midfield they've had since Iniesta left. And Depay is way better right now than Suarez.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Barca fans will complain till the bitter end but a trio of Wijnaldum, Pjanic, and De Jong would be the best midfield they've had since Iniesta left. And Depay is way better right now than Suarez.
I don't really see Depay being way better than Suarez :hubie:

Sure they got Depay on the cheap, wages much lower than Suarez and he can run for Messi. But for me he's not on that level :manny:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I don't really see Depay being way better than Suarez :hubie:

Sure they got Depay on the cheap, wages much lower than Suarez and he can run for Messi. But for me he's not on that level :manny:
Suarez also ruins attacks with his touches and slowness. can't dribble past a cone. Depay will be much better against the slow block teams and is better in tight spaces. with Depay better hold up play, it will allow other attackers to get in much better goal scoring position. On top of all this, their midfield will be much better balance with Wij on the right midfield covering for Messi if he play(or much preferably, Dembele). Pjanic and De Jong will most likely have a much better time inter changing plays with Depay in the center and have Fati or Dembele making runs on the left.

It's their fullbacks that will still be the main issue

Last edited:
Daps
Ziyech is my favorite Chelsea signing. He was so excellent in the attack at Ajax. I know it's the Eredivisie, a league known for attacking anyway, but still. He's got a great engine, always moving, always working, good at linking up in the attack.

I'm interested to see how they integrate all of these attackers they bought with what they already have. Plus, I look at their squad and see not only a talented attack but an iffy ability to defend, so we should get a good amount of 3-3, 4-3, 4-4 games that they're involved in, which is always fun.