Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
The night before, the RSL first team had lost 2-0 to FC Dallas in MLS play. While walking the fields at the USSDA playoffs, Hansen, Williams and the rest of the RSL front-office contingent came across Kellyn Acosta, a Black FC Dallas player. Then-RSL General Manager Craig Waibel introduced Hansen to Acosta, then 21, who had scored a goal in Dallas’ victory over RSL the previous night.

“Waibel said, ‘Hey, Dell Loy, this is Kellyn Acosta, one of the guys who scored against us last night,’” recalled Williams. “Kellyn said hello, and the first comment that Dell Loy made was something like, ‘Hey Craig, when are we gonna lynch this guy?’ Kellyn was right there, he said this right in front of him. I just turned around and walked away, and left the conversation… I just walked away. I couldn’t even deal with it.”

:gucci:
Why even say this. Stupid

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Are you a Madrid fan? Or was your team ever a victim? :russ:

I remember when they fukked AC Milan up, I couldn't even get mad :mjlol:
They keep passing the ball then Dani Alves just teleports behind your left back :russ:
Madrid fan bad enough to watch that trash in la liga but to watch it during euros and WC was the tipping point

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
3-1 and 2 nil, but mentally United players were battered 5 nil
shyt sent Carrick into depression :laff::laff::laff:

This match was funny to me because all of the English media narratives at the time were extinguished.
“Is this United team the best team of all time?” Nope
“United is way too big and physical for the small Spaniards.” Nope
“The premier league has the best players in the world.” Nope

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Giggs: "Bale? I don't talk to Zidane about him because his English isn't very good"
The Wales coach revealed that he doesn't discuss things with Zidane due to the language barrier. "If Bale ever needs someone to talk to, I'll be there".

Gareth Bale finds sanctuary every time he is called up by Wales, although he has even started being questioned back home. National team coach Ryan Giggs faced the media this morning and defended Bale, adding that he will always lend an ear if ever the Real Madrid player needs someone to talk to. "'I've always said to him if he wants to speak then I'll listen and be more than happy to help him. He's experienced and professional enough to look after himself. But I'm there if he ever needs to talk to", he said.

Immediately afterwards, Giggs was asked if he had ever discussed Bale's situation or future with Zinedine Zidane - a question which the Wales coach skillfully sidestepped by explaining that the language barrier impeded them from communicating on a regular basis. "I haven't spoken to Zidane. My French and Spanish isn't too good. That's my way out of that one..." he told one journalist.

But after more insistence as to why he doesn't try talking to Zidane in English, Giggs replied, in a more serious tone: "I know Zidane's English isn't very good from experience. I'm just monitoring the situation. When Gareth gets on camp I will speak to him like I always do".
K8cqigQ.png