Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
lke77tj6u9kssabarlqg.jpg

I don't know how the Columbus Crew became the punchline in this thread whenever someone jokes about a possibly-washed high-level player having to leave Europe to keep playing, but it gets me every time.

One of those things that will never stop being funny to me.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
My guy's last game might be an 8-2 loss to Bayern. How am I gonna explain that to my kids:francis:

Every year it keeps on getting worst. After Roma nothing, after Liverpool nothing, but all of a sudden after Bayern it's suddenly a problem.

I love Messi and his magic, but he comes off as a dikkhead sometimes. Especially when his bro Suarez isn't on the field. I keep on reading about this club de amigos shyt online, idk if it's real but I wonder what would of happened if he club didn't decide to sell Suarez. :patrice:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
I don't know how the Columbus Crew became the punchline in this thread whenever someone jokes about a possibly-washed high-level player having to leave Europe to keep playing, but it gets me every time.

One of those things that will never stop being funny to me.

I think in general it's just that fact that it's Columbus, Ohio and no foreign player even after his prime would ever move to there when you have options like LA, NYC, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago. But I'm all for the joke to continue.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Both Mount and Azpilicueta had much better seasons. Tammy and Giroud both contributed more in half a season and helped us get 4th.

Kovacic cannot defend, score or assist. He started just 23 League games and played less than 60% of the available minutes but somehow wins the award. It's a joke.

Mount’s form dipped mid season
Azpi started the season poorly
Tommy’s form fell off after December
Giroud was MIA from August-February

Kovacic was easily the most consistent performer for Chelsea last season. Using G+A, stepovers, flicks, or whatever to determine his worth to the team is being disingenuous.

Imagine if we used those metrics to evaluate the qaulity of Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo, Xabi Alonso etc.

:heh:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Ronald Koeman would be the type to say what he said. Absolute charlatan.

I’m still tripping over that. That’s something you say to a Griezmann or Vidal type player, not a club legend that still has tread on the tires.

There’s a handful of managers that have the pedigree to pull something like that off, but Ronald Koeman isn’t one of them :mjlol: