Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I hope future champions league knockouts remain like this. No 2 legs nonsense. It used to be like that back in the 80s but the greed of UEFA tried to cram in as many games as possible = $$$$.

I never liked the 2 leg/away goal system, it was never truly fair.

ScottyG

Separate the boys from men
Daps
I hope future champions league knockouts remain like this. No 2 legs nonsense. It used to be like that back in the 80s but the greed of UEFA tried to cram in as many games as possible = $$$$.

I never liked the 2 leg/away goal system, it was never truly fair.

Agreed. Should be about who's the better team in ONE game.

Two legs shouldn't be a thing. Bayern vs Chelsea proved that

Daps
Reppin
NYC

Second slide

Nn3qI0V.png

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
The problem with doing one leg is that you would have to do it at a neutral location from the round of 16 going forward, and when fans come back clubs will never agree to miss out on extra revenue.
True. That’s the problem. Greed will always take precedence over logic.

In an ideal world, the last sixteen should have the winners of each group have the home advantage in a one game knockout. Then, in the last 8 and semi finals, whoever is drawn first gets the home advantage in a one game knockout.

These 2 leg games only benefit teams who want to play negative boring football. They’ll score one away goal and then defend for the rest of the remaining minutes.