Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Arsenals fans...time to sell Leno?

Martinez is a better passer out the back, defenders look more organized, and Emi is more commanding in his box. Leno makes great saves but that's the only place he has him imo.

I came in here randomly and I see the post you quoted. A World Cup, European Cup, Champions League Winner, multiple league and cup winner in different countries ain't that great?

:usure:

I see Henry and Zlatan in the same category. Great undoubtedly but not big game hunters like Eto'o, Drogba, Brazilian Ronaldo, or even say...Mbappe.

That's why I have a tremendous respect for Zidane which @mastermind can vouch for. Zidane's stats don't look great over time but he was incredible in finals and big games.

I'm not as harsh as this twitter user but he makes his case.

@Low End Derrick Put some respect on my name. I outlined my reasons, nothing to do with drinking. I stand by every word.

Last edited:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

Martinez is a better passer out the back, defenders look more organized, and Emi is more commanding in his box. Leno makes great saves but that's the only place he has him imo.

I see Henry and Zlatan in the same category. Great undoubtedly but not big game hunters like Eto'o, Drogba, Brazilian Ronaldo, or even say...Mbappe.

That's why I have a tremendous respect for Zidane which @mastermind can vouch for. Zidane's stats don't look great over time but he was incredible in finals and big games.

@Low End Derrick Put some respect on my name. I outlined my reasons, nothing to do with drinking. I stand by every word.

As a fellow Arsenal fan, I beseech you to stop talking rubbish. 175 Premier League goals for Arsenal in 254 appearances. The assists were more of the same. Arsenal's top scorer ever. Auba is the closest thing of a consistent striker since Henry's departure. Put respect on the GOATs name.

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

FOH Breh.

Dude went up against PRIME Pep and Barca. We talking arguably the best club team ever assembled type stuff. And again, this is a guy that DOMINATED some of the best CBs and RBs in the world consistently and ALSO created as many goals as he put in himself. With no Henry, Arsenal isn't even anywhere close to sniffing the UCL.
He was the talisman of the Invincibles, which I literally don't see happening in ANY major league ever again. There's too much talent. I think you're really underestimating just how good Fergie and Pep's sides were in those years.
Legit, Pep's early Barca (and by proxy, Spain) was so damn good in the 2000's that damn near anyone that went against them should just have an asterisk on their shyt.

*Against Barca :russ:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
As a fellow Arsenal fan, I beseech you to stop talking rubbish. 175 Premier League goals for Arsenal in 254 appearances. The assists were more of the same. Arsenal's top scorer ever. Auba is the closest thing of a consistent striker since Henry's departure. Put respect on the GOATs name.
henry overrated? Twitter was a mistake :hhh:
fukking neckbeards:hhh:
pure filth:hhh:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Is he wrong tho.

For the yapping and self praising dude does. And I can't remember no moments outside of beating the sisters of the poor in Serie A and Ligue 1:unimpressed:

Zlatan :patrice:

He's entertaining and very talented but got the same CL league goals as Shevchenko but Sheva did it in less games. Sheva also scored them in big games i.e knockout stages

Zlatan's period of dominance was when Seria A was at its lowest and he was playing for the most dominant teams. Went to Barca and 16 goals in La Liga is nothing to write home about

Again he dominated Ligue 1 and MLS :skip:

Benzema, Van Nistelrooy, Lewandowski and Henry all have more CL goals in less games than Zlatan

Breh has never scored in a WC and as soon as he retired Sweden reached the Quarter Finals

:unimpressed: