Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin

The issue I had with Landon Donovan was he spent way too much time in MLS. He just couldn't get away from that southern California sun. Football wise it was a let down, in terms of quality of life I don't blame him.

That’s ain’t true. Donovan started out in Germany no? And he couldn’t adapt to life over there and struggled. It’s not like he didn’t have the opportunity to play overseas.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
lol

you guys just go by legacy instead of eye test and talent.

Pulisic is the Messi for US soccer.

matter the fact the fact that he started alot of game for a club like Chelsea and was a key player, make him the greatest off that alone. lets not bring up talent

Messi doesn't get run out of Dortmund by an Englishman.

Pulisic had flashes of brilliance this season but he's got a long way before he can match Dempsey and Brian McBride

Daps
Reppin
NYC
That’s ain’t true. Donovan started out in Germany no? And he couldn’t adapt to life over there and struggled. It’s not like he didn’t have the opportunity to play overseas.
He started at Leverkusen, he went back to MLS and stayed there practically his whole career. Never said he didn't have an opportunity.

But hey, when you have to choose between that SoCal sun and the blizzards of Leverkusen I don't blame him one bit.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
He started at Leverkusen, he went back to MLS and stayed there practically his whole career. Never said he didn't have an opportunity.

But hey, when you have to choose between that SoCal sun and the blizzards of Leverkusen I don't blame him one bit.
Nah Landon didn’t want the smoke. He wanted to be a big fish in a small pond. Which what he settled for. He had a solid career. :yeshrug:

Daps
lol

He wasn’t Chelsea’s Best player post lockdown: Giroud, by quite some distance, was.

Listen, all I’m saying is all this GOAT talk is nonsense for a 20 year old.

I’m just wary of people putting him up on this unrealistic pedestal, that when he doesn’t miraculously win the World Cup singlehandedly for the States or whatever, people will tear him down.

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: Bro, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about at all. You can go ask Brian McBride and his momma who's better and they're both gonna say Pulisic's name before you can blink. It's not that Pulisic is some world class perennial Ballon D'or favorite talent (although I think he is going to be quite the special player)... it's that you're talking about the best American soccer player ever. It's not the best American basketball or baseball player ever; his competition for that honor is like literally 2-3 other people at BEST, that's how sorry America is and always has been at football :russ: You talking about him having to win multiple top flight world titles, champions leagues, world cup games and all that just to become the American GOAT... when there ain't even 5 players in the history of American soccer who've done jack shyt in any top flight European league, let alone secured places in cup finals or scored game shifting goals against world class teams like City and Liverpool like he's been doing. Like the ACTUAL GOAT Messi struggles in world cups with Argentina, but you're somehow mandating Pulisic has to somehow do equal or better with this :trash: ass USMNT? All just to become the American GOAT??:pachaha: The fact that he's its youngest captain in history and the most expensive American player ever by an incomparable margin tells you all you need to know man; he's the best we've ever had. Hopefully he's the start of a generational shift to the point where the conversation and competition for that distinction becomes bigger than the literal handful of names it is right now.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps

Did well for Everton and wanted to stay even after his banter against Beckham

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
liverpool-20-21-home-kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Can't wait til the 1st...:ohlawd: