Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
SMH. I wouldnt go more than that. If Dortmund dont want to play ball at that price I would be out and look at options. We still have other areas to address. he's not the final piece so it would be madness to spend that much on him.
20m amortized over 5 years is worth it for a player you need.

And once you get rid of Smalling, Sanchez, Phil Jones, Rojo, Lingard, Pereira, Mata and Dalot there will be enough funds to address these positions.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Howard
Friedel
Beasley
Dempsey
lol

you guys just go by legacy instead of eye test and talent.

Pulisic is the Messi for US soccer.

matter the fact the fact that he started alot of game for a club like Chelsea and was a key player, make him the greatest off that alone. lets not bring up talent

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
20m amortized over 5 years is worth it for a player you need.

And once you get rid of Smalling, Sanchez, Phil Jones, Rojo, Lingard, Pereira, Mata and Dalot there will be enough funds to address these positions.

with the loss of revenue from the pandemic. I'm not convinced the club will be able to spend that much. Unless they're only looking to sign 2 players.
For example even Grealish is being touted at £80m which again is just silly money.

Daps
Reppin
NYC

The issue I had with Landon Donovan was he spent way too much time in MLS. He just couldn't get away from that southern California sun. Football wise it was a let down, in terms of quality of life I don't blame him.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
lol

you guys just go by legacy instead of eye test and talent.

Pulisic is the Messi for US soccer.

matter the fact the fact that he started alot of game for a club like Chelsea and was a key player, make him the greatest off that alone. lets not bring up talent

I go by achievements. Whats the point in talent, if it you don't achieve anything?

I'll change my opinion when he:
  • Wins trophies consistently
  • Plays over 300 games in the PL
  • Turns up in a World Cup
  • Get's an unfancied team into major finals
  • etc.
Until then, he's just potential.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I go by achievements. Whats the point in talent, if it you don't achieve anything?

I'll change my opinion when he:
  • Wins trophies consistently
  • Plays over 300 games in the PL
  • Turns up in a World Cup
  • Get's an unfancied team into major finals
  • etc.
Until then, he's just potential.
those bullet points are just ridiculous.

Pulisic help Chelsea get in the top four, he was their best player post lockdown. That enough is better than anything in the bullet point because he's actually good enough to start for a top team. Something those other guys have never done.
How can he get an unfancied team into a major finals when you've played in nothing but top teams? Playing more PL games means something now? I bet you think Henderson is a better cm than Moussa Dembele or Cesc Fabregas basing off those bullet point. Pulisic this season is superior to anything else America has produced. more teams would sign him off this season than any of those guys in their prime. How dare you compare Championship level, PL midtable talents to Pulisic.:hhh:

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
those bullet points are just ridiculous.

Pulisic help Chelsea get in the top four, he was their best player post lockdown. That enough is better than anything in the bullet point because he's actually good enough to start for a top team. Something those other guys have never done.
How can he get an unfancied team into a major finals when you've played in nothing but top teams? Playing more PL games means something now? I bet you think Henderson is a better cm than Moussa Dembele or Cesc Fabregas basing off those bullet point. Pulisic this season is superior to anything else America has produced. more teams would sign him off this season than any of those guys in their prime. How dare you compare Championship level, PL midtable talents to Pulisic.:hhh:

lol

He wasn’t Chelsea’s Best player post lockdown: Giroud, by quite some distance, was.

Listen, all I’m saying is all this GOAT talk is nonsense for a 20 year old.

I’m just wary of people putting him up on this unrealistic pedestal, that when he doesn’t miraculously win the World Cup singlehandedly for the States or whatever, people will tear him down.