Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Somebody hip me to Dortmund. Is that their thing to always develop top talent and sell it off for profit?

It is and it isn't. But it is no different to what Arsenal have done in a past life.

Overmars, Petit, Anelka, Vieira, Henry, RVP, Nasri, Adebayor, Cesc, etc etc

Now given that Overmars, Petit, Henry and Nasri already had high profiles before joining Arsenal. They all got flipped for a profit, minimum double what they paid for them in the first place

Last edited:

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
SMH. I wouldnt go more than that. If Dortmund dont want to play ball at that price I would be out and look at options. We still have other areas to address. he's not the final piece so it would be madness to spend that much on him.

Its just money and we have it coming out of our ass. We already know this board doesnt have alternative targets lined up. And if they don't spend it it'll just sit there and stack up.

We hemmed and hawed last time and ended up paying for Bruno anyway, 6 months later. We are very fortunate that he hit the ground running because us lollygagging in the summer market almost cost us the season.

I want a Real Madrid 2009 style summer this window. They're still eating off that shyt to this day.

For all the abuse Mourinho gets / got as manager of Man Utd so far he has outperformed Ole.

Ole reached the semis of the League Cup and lost to City. Mou won it in 2017.

Ole reached the semis of the FA Cup and lost to Chelsea. Mou reached the final in 2018.

Ole reached 3rd (66pts) in the league. Mou got 2nd (81pts) in 2018. Even in 2017 Mou got 69pts.

Ole (so far) reached the last 16 of the Europa League. Mou won it in 2017.

So far Mou > Ole ... :ufdup:

Yeah but the players and Jose hated each other and nobody liked to watch us play so :yeshrug: People want to feel cuddly about their team now

Last edited: