Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Just watched the recap of ManU/Chelsea....

Good lord what a horrid manager/keeper.

1. Who starts Fred over Pogba?! Ole must be smoked out of his mind.
2. De Gea washed. Clearly no where near the level of Oblak, Ter Stegen, Neuer, hell even Courtois.
3. WHO THE fukk STARTS FRED OVER POGBA?!
4. Arsenal/Chelsea should be another classic, brehs.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I don't like Ole. That being said, it's one game in a cup tie. These players are exhausted, had two days less rest, and the squad has zero depth. Players getting injuries left and right. I am not having a meltdown because of it. Tie or lose to West Ham or Leicester then alright.

The team has no structure and no identity. Lampard had no transfer window, is in his first season, had their best player leave (Hazard) and is blooding youngsters. Yet somehow he is able to give his team structure and identity. Even Bruno is now being affected by the lack of coaching.

Every manager has to deal with the same high number of games so I am not going to excuse Ole for that. Maybe like other managers he needs to learn to juggle his squad more effectively. Given that we have better players. Ole should be able to out-coach smaller reams (i.e. Palace) without needing his best players on the field.

It's not the loss in itself. It is the manner of the loss. The players had no cohesion whatsoever. And that lack of identity has been there all along and will remain as long as Ole is managing the team.

If you think this was bad, just wait until we meet a good footballing, well coached team in the Europa league. It doesn't have to be a big name. Someone like Sevilla for example.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
We need another CB, Smalling is staying at Roma, Rojo is leaving, Eric is done at this rate keeps getting hurt and Lindelof/Magiure is :hhh:

Get Grealish in, I'd try and get Ndidi to be honest but Leicester would put a 100 Mil price tag on him.

Why is Smalling leaving?

I think he just lazily got grouped together with Phil Jones. Chris Smalling is good enough to be the 3rd or 4th CB at United

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
We need another CB, Smalling is staying at Roma, Rojo is leaving, Eric is done at this rate keeps getting hurt and Lindelof/Magiure is :hhh:

Get Grealish in, I'd try and get Ndidi to be honest but Leicester would put a 100 Mil price tag on him.

Then buy 3 Ndidi's :steviej:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

tCYI5aS.png

Like two tractors

CTE football :wow:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
The team has no structure and no identity. Lampard had no transfer window, is in his first season, had their best player leave (Hazard) and is blooding youngsters. Yet somehow he is able to give his team structure and identity. Even Bruno is now being affected by the lack of coaching.

Every manager has to deal with the same high number of games so I am not going to excuse Ole for that. Maybe like other managers he needs to learn to juggle his squad more effectively. Given that we have better players. Ole should be able to out-coach smaller reams (i.e. Palace) without needing his best players on the field.

It's not the loss in itself. It is the manner of the loss. The players had no cohesion whatsoever. And that lack of identity has been there all along and will remain as long as Ole is managing the team.

If you think this was bad, just wait until we meet a good footballing, well coached team in the Europa league. It doesn't have to be a big name. Someone like Sevilla for example.

This. We're basically staying in an interim position with Ole and will never progress to challenge for a title.