Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
United should easily get to the SFs. Roma, Sevilla or Wolves would be an interesting tie.

Lowkey the season could be salvaged. I'd say we're favorites for UEL. Very strong chance for a top 4 finish an we're still in the SFs for the FA cup granted we face Chelsea and if we win it's either Arsenal or City (I'm leaning City to win).

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
:dead:

The Amazon series cannot come soon enough.

Looking at the table, United is only 1 and 2 points behind LC and Chelsea. Which of them is going to choke away a top 4 finish :lupe:
Only thing I'm concerned about United is that there's zero rotation in the team. It's been 5 matches straight with the same starting eleven and Bruno put in 120 minutes against Norwich :snoop:

Only saving grace is that matches have been easy so far and Ole could make early substitutions.

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:dead:

The Amazon series cannot come soon enough.

Looking at the table, United is only 1 and 2 points behind LC and Chelsea. Which of them is going to choke away a top 4 finish :lupe:
None of them need to choke really since its all in united's hands. They got 4 games left if they win all of them they're guaranteed top 4

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this one legged CL will be super wild to see

i got a question for united fans or for anyone really. and i ask this with no jest. Do you lot think you are ready for the next season with what you have and Ole at the wheel? as a city fan i was more concerned about ole leaving and then a real tactician coming in and putting the pieces together. Ive said time and time again to my friend who gets frustrated watching, that if you had a different manager i think they would get the best of some of the players a felt were underperforming. but since the restart i think the team has come together pretty well. greenwood unfortunately is absolutely clinical and rashford and martial have been doing the bits. so you have to asl the question is pogba gonna stay and where does that leave the team and do you lot even need a sancho especially if pogba leaves?

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth

i got a question for united fans or for anyone really. and i ask this with no jest. Do you lot think you are ready for the next season with what you have and Ole at the wheel? as a city fan i was more concerned about ole leaving and then a real tactician coming in and putting the pieces together. Ive said time and time again to my friend who gets frustrated watching, that if you had a different manager i think they would get the best of some of the players a felt were underperforming. but since the restart i think the team has come together pretty well. greenwood unfortunately is absolutely clinical and rashford and martial have been doing the bits. so you have to asl the question is pogba gonna stay and where does that leave the team and do you lot even need a sancho especially if pogba leaves?

Need Sancho regardless of Pogba staying.
Still need to sign Sancho + 2 others for this team to be able to compete.
I'm still not 100% on Ole yet but he's been doing what's asked of him. There are no guarantees with any coach and If there's anyone I would love to win united another league title, it would be Ole but to me that really remains to be seen. Ole has a lot to prove that he can take the team to another level.

bigmac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
South London

Good questions.

As a United fan I strongly believe we have a very strong first 14 players. However if we were to see an injury to Pogba like we did this season or one of the front 6 was out for any length of time we're fukked. When we are up in these games and we take off AM9, Bruno, Rashford etc. James/Ighalo/Perreira come on and these mf's are shyt. I dont know how we played with these guys for six straight months.

We need Sancho for depth. I dont htink we can win the league with AM9 as our "striker" and even tho he just re-upped, there has to be a better solution to Matic out there.

Morale is up and Bruno has been instrumental and linking it all together but I still think we are at 7/10, which is scary and exciting at the same time

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

Ole is still a useless manager.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

To be fair we've had tacticians in LVG & Mou...both were washed :manny: but we figured they'd still bring us back to where we were before SAF retired and we've still been mediocre.

Ole still hasn't completely sold me yet as I'm still cynical even though we're smashing teams we should be smashing left and right.BUT in fairness to him he seems better at man management as opposed to team management. The arrival of Bruno has been immense as it has lessened the burden on Pogba, and Matic ever since he's been back in the team has been a unit but I think he's kinda fatigued since he's been taking too many touches of the ball again.

Greenwood has been a gem and Ole has been managing him efficiently, keeping him away from the media and subbing him off when necessarily but we still need Sancho, another midfielder and possibly a centre back, because Marital/Rashford are prone to injuries, I'm afraid Bruno and Pogba might be run into ground, Matic is 31, we got Daniel James, Periera & Lingard as squad depth:scust: and with Lindelof and Magiure as our centre-backs we ain't winning the league with that defence which is weird since we have one of the best defence records in Europe:patrice: add to the fact Bailly tends to get injured for long periods.

Pogba probably had the same issue Rooney did back in 2011, which pertains to the club bringing in top player and trying to compete in all the competitions.

I think if we get Sancho, Greliash and maybe Ake, those to later as squad depth it would be a good start but we'll see how this season finishes cause it could be :ehh: or :ld:or:beli:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

I don't think we're quite ready to challenge for the title next season but I do think we should be a lock for UCL next year. With Ole, I still think he has some ways to go as a manager but at the same time, he's done everything we could have asked from him. He'll have to "lose" the job so to speak.

Per the squad, while we have a strong first 11, the quality really does drop off once we go to the bench. I think we'll need at least 4 signings to really get competitive. A CB, a RW and two midfielders CDM and a creative B2B CM. I'd probably even wager we'd want another striker as AM9 and Rashford do run into the odd 6-8 games injured. Add in possible UCL next season and there'll be greater need for competitive squad depth.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
nqxj2mT.gif