Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
i swear the Wijnaldum from the dutch team and the one for pool are two different players:mjlol: nikka is great and has scored VERY important goals but he seems to always fluff his shot with Liverpool, am guessing is a different role, but he does get a lot opportunities :patrice:

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
am a pool fan but at his peak Fernandinho was that dude.....fab may have a better shot though:yeshrug:

:jbhmm:

He definitely fit into Pepe’s system when they won the league, but I think Fabinho is more versatile, he’s a destroyer defensively but he’s got goals and assists in him as well. I think when it’s all said and done he will be recognized as the better player

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
That's a shame cause this squad isn't that far off from contending :francis:

I think the balance is still not quite right.

We still need to figure out Rashford/Martial. 2 talented attackers who arent pure strikers and arent wingers either. They're pretty much the same player. We probably would have done with another proper goal getter.
The right side of attack is a problem hopefully will be resolved by Sancho.
Midfield looks good in the short term but Matic is probably the best fit for Pogba and Bruno but he probably hasnt the legs for more than another year.
Fred and McT simply cant play with Pogba and Bruno unless McT commits to being a DM and Fred wont be able to play his natural game.
Maguire and Lindelof again are pretty much the same player. Bailly should probably partner Maguire but he lacks consistency and fitness. Tuanzebe, very talented but again fitness and experience could be an issue.
Shaw simply isnt good enough for a contending team and AWB needs to improve his attacking play and be more consistent with it.
DDG might be a worry too as he has been shaky for about 18 months. Remains to be seen if he can get back to that level or not.

And that's before we consider that Ole is probably not the man to take the team to the next level and contend for titles.

There is some good in the squad but I havent seen enough to say that this squad would contend with 1 or 2 top additions.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
:jbhmm:

He definitely fit into Pepe’s system when they won the league, but I think Fabinho is more versatile, he’s a destroyer defensively but he’s got goals and assists in him as well. I think when it’s all said and done he will be recognized as the better player

In the long run yes i see it too but has been inconsistent specially when he came from back injury/pre corona....but yea he has all the qualities of a complete defensive midfielder

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
i swear the Wijnaldum from the dutch team and the one for pool are two different players:mjlol: nikka is great and has scored VERY important goals but he seems to always fluff his shot with Liverpool, am guessing is a different role, but he does get a lot opportunities :patrice:

Has more responsibility with Holland. Liverpool he is what 10-11th most important player?

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Has more responsibility with Holland. Liverpool he is what 10-11th most important player?

yea i know, still get gets a lot of chances with pool, i mean with newcastle the bruh was their leading scorer:heh:. if he can add goals to his pool performances, it makes him a more complete player and Liverpool become more dangerous:ohlawd: