Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

PL368Z

All Star
Daps
The biggest Ballon d'Or snub was when World Wide Wes who won the treble and carried Holland to the world cup final, didn't even make top 3. :unimpressed:
Tbh dude was only good for few months i.e. he was rubbish for the most of the latter half of 2010.

Messi was definitely that years best player, dude was out here getting compared to maradona and pele.

Piff Huxtable

Delaney 2020,2024,2028...
Daps
Valdes footballing skills were vital to how Barca wanted to play from the back, also the fact that he was a sweeper/keeper when teams countered, allowed Barca to play with the high line. You think Barca would of been able to do that with Joe Hart or Roy Carroll in goal? There is a reason why Pep bushed Joe Hart for Claudio Bravo and it wasnt because of shot stopping abilities either, which Hart is far more superior at.
using british goalies as standard for good goalkeeping :mjlol:

Valdes was "Norris Cole on the Heat" status

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Tbh dude was only good for few months i.e. he was rubbish for the most of the latter half of 2010.

Messi was definitely that years best player, dude was out here getting compared to maradona and pele.

Sorry breh, I cannot be having that. Michael Owen won it in 2001,for only 2 games. TWO. The FA Cup final vs Arsenal and hat trick in Munich vs Germany. I take WWW being Holland's best player in the biggest tournament in the World over that.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
using british goalies as standard for good goalkeeping :mjlol:

Valdes was "Norris Cole on the Heat" status

You clearly missed the point. Its not on goalkeeping ability its on footballing ability

I could of used Oscar Perez, Kim Young-Kwang, and Kostas Chalkias as the examples, the point still remains the same.

dappadonna

'OOOOOHHHH DOOOONNNAA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North London
See
:mjcry:

Messi the GOAT and best player alive. But if they can give it to Modric over him they can give it to VVD to let a defender have it for the first time in damn near 15 yrs

Defenders like VVD don't come around that often. They need their flowers while they can smell them :ufdup:

:rudy: van Dijk ain't thaaat special fam.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Saw this getting traction yesterday. Fans are a$$holes.

See

:rudy: van Dijk ain't thaaat special fam.

Off the new era, he is. Great passer, good reader of the game.

Should've been the winner. CL winner + Holland.

Love Messi but this year it should've been someone else. Mbappe or Kante should've won it the year Modric won.

Daps
Sorry breh, I cannot be having that. Michael Owen won it in 2001,for only 2 games. TWO. The FA Cup final vs Arsenal and hat trick in Munich vs Germany. I take WWW being Holland's best player in the biggest tournament in the World over that.
When Michael Owen won it, whilst it was still the Ballon d'or, it wasn't what it is now.
Now it's known for world player of the year back then it was only for European player of the year
Michael Owen has never been the best player in the world

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
When Michael Owen won it, whilst it was still the Ballon d'or, it wasn't what it is now.
Now it's known for world player of the year back then it was only for European player of the year
Michael Owen has never been the best player in the world

I'm fully aware of the b*stardisation of the Ballon d'Or, but thanks.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
They need to spilt this award.

Forward Ballon Dor

Midfield Ballon Dor

Defence Ballon Dor

Goalkeeper Ballon Dor

You can’t compare forwards to midfielders to defender to keepers.

What does a keeper need to do win this award? What does a left back need to do to win this award? Has a defensive midfielder won this award yet?
Or atleast add more categories for the best players from each position. Get rid of the Yashine & Kopa awards, and merge them with the Ballon d'Or.
"Rookie of the Year" "Golden Glove" "Defender of the Year" etc