Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

F K

All Star
Daps
If i'm Laporte's agent i'm telling city to back up another brinks truck. He really is their most important player:ohhh:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Considering the player Arteta was, playing under Wenger and assisting Pep, his philosophy should be attacking football. Which fits the current players they have and what Arsenal have been doing for 22 out of the last 24 years. Emery philosophy whatever it was, doesn't fit what they've been doing at the Arsenal academy for years and years. So yes Arsenal philosophy is more inline with Citeh's.

It doesn't matter what players and funds Pep and Zidane had at their disposal, because others have failed with resources similar. It's the instant command of respect they received from the players and then implementing their ideas in to where the players either accept and enjoy or reject and hate and the results show that.
Your optimism belies your age :pachaha:

I'm sure every Arsenal fan would love for Arteta to come in and have the results of the likes of Zidane and Pep. Call me cynical but I just don't see it.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Your optimism belies your age :pachaha:

I'm sure every Arsenal fan would love for Arteta to come in and have the results of the likes of Zidane and Pep. Call me cynical but I just don't see it.

You're asking why fans would want a limited experience coach like Arteta, I'm giving examples as to why the fans want these type of appointments now and why big clubs are going this route over the last decade and Pep and Zidane are the templates. Whether they are successful or not, it doesn't matter, just like playing out from the back, wingers/wide forwards being the main goal threat is more common than ever before, it's the modern trend the game has evolved too.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps

Damn I read rumours saying he's out for the rest of the season and others said he's out for 2 months. I feel for him, I swear Barca is failing him.

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
mour-thumb.png

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
i know Brighton havent scored but these nikkas are doing it again. I understand conserving energy, but 2-0 is not safe not even against brighton:francis::hhh: