Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I can’t bring up all the articles since it was written during the height Spain’s reign but there was disharmony between Madrid and Barcelona during Spain’s success.
This did not happen.

I remember Madrid players being mad at Mourinho for what he would say about the Barca players, specifically the Spanish players.

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This is why England will never win another trophy.

Barca and Real have the most toxic rivalry, second only to Celtic and Rangers... BUT... when it came to Spain, they knew to put their club rivalries aside as the national team was more important.

These fools can't even let their club beefs stay on the pitch. Rio Ferdinand said the England team during his era was segregated by club allegiances. That team on paper with all it's talent, should've made at least one final.

Embarrassing.
They only did that very recently around the time they won the euro in 2008, mainly due to Puyol and Casillas having so much clout among Barca and Real players respectively. Prior to that Spain national team was like crips vs bloods :mjlol:

I wonder if the growing political tensions in Spain with the catalonian independence movement is gonna have an affect on the national team

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Henry and Aguero were better strikers sure but you're nuts if you think Drogba and Suarez were better than Rooney at any stage.
Stop it fam. I’d take Suarez, drogba, etoo, zlatan over Rooney. It was a mistake to make Rooney stay at UTD when he wanted to leave. And in hindsight Rooney was right.

Wenger gets a lot of flack of the players he didn’t buy, think Sir Alex should get flack for the players he bought :russ:

Last edited:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
:gucci: Peak Vs Peak I'd take Drogba and Suarez over Rooney any day of the week.
So over the course of their careers? Of course if you can pick anyone's high and say its better than a certain player's but as much as a loved Drogba he's whole career isnt better than Rooney's. Same with Suarez. Dont forget these are players who have pretty much been exclusively strikers their whole careers compared to Rooney who hasn't and has been just as great. Sure if you're going to just look at his fall off sure but he has a good 6-8 years of been unplayable and thats him playing across the front 3.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Stop it fam. I’d take Suarez, drogba, etoo, zlatan over Rooney. It was a mistake to make Rooney stay at UTD when he wanted to leave. And in hindsight Rooney was right. Wenger gets a lot of flack of the players he didn’t buy, think Sir Alex should get flack for the players he bought :russ:
Eto sure, way better but I'm not having Drogba,Suarez and Zlatan ahead of Rooney. :yeshrug:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Henry and Aguero were better strikers sure but you're nuts if you think Drogba and Suarez were better than Rooney at any stage.
:gucci: Peak Vs Peak I'd take Drogba and Suarez over Rooney any day of the week.

facts, not even a debate. Dude it our here making crazy statements to save face :mjlol::russ:

No it doesn't. It shows a poorly managed group of players.

English players are overrated bro, due to the english media and white man bandwagons. Leave it at that and keep it moving.

Who remembers when Joe Hart was gonna be England #1 for the next 20yrs looooool.

dappadonna

'OOOOOHHHH DOOOONNNAA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
North London
So over the course of their careers? Of course if you can pick anyone's high and say its better than a certain player's but as much as a loved Drogba he's whole career isnt better than Rooney's. Same with Suarez. Dont forget these are players who have pretty much been exclusively strikers their whole careers compared to Rooney who hasn't and has been just as great. Sure if you're going to just look at his fall off sure but he has a good 6-8 years of been unplayable and thats him playing across the front 3.

Rooney always been played as a Striker fam . Unless you're counting the handful of games they tried him out as a CM