Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps

sterling/gomez restoring that late 90s/early 00s feeling

This is why England will never win another trophy.

Barca and Real have the most toxic rivalry, second only to Celtic and Rangers... BUT... when it came to Spain, they knew to put their club rivalries aside as the national team was more important.

These fools can't even let their club beefs stay on the pitch. Rio Ferdinand said the England team during his era was segregated by club allegiances. That team on paper with all it's talent, should've made at least one final.

Embarrassing.

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Because England have no CB's.
0_smalling-handball-roma.jpg

ShenJingPoQi

All Star
Daps
This is why England will never win another trophy.

Barca and Real have the most toxic rivalry, second only to Celtic and Rangers... BUT... when it came to Spain, they knew to put their club rivalries aside as the national team was more important.

These fools can't even let their club beefs stay on the pitch. Rio Ferdinand said the England team during his era was segregated by club alligences. That team on paper with all it's talent, should've made at least one final.

Embarrassing.

No, they didn’t. Pique, Puyol, Xavi didn’t get along with Ramos or Casillas. But Spain was practically Barcelona dominated during their peak so other non-Barcelona players had to follow the Catalonia boys. And I think there is a law in the La Liga which players cannot refuse to represent the national team.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
No, they didn’t. Pique, Puyol, Xavi didn’t get along with Ramos or Casillas. But Spain was practically Barcelona dominated during their peak so other non-Barcelona players had to follow the Catalonia boys. And I think there is a law in the La Liga which players cannot refuse to represent the national team.
I never said they got along... I said they put their club rivalries aside to make sure their country won three major trophies in a row. I can't remember one story where they had a bust up during their international games.

And let's not forget Xabi Alonso and Arbeloa were also part of both the national team and Real Madrid.

England's squad on paper between 2002 and 2008 should've made one final minimum. Yes.. their managers at the time should take some blame... but a team with a prime Wayne Rooney, Beckham, Scholes, Gerrard and Lampard... all Champions League winners... can't make ONE international final?

Last edited:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never said they got along... I said they put their club rivalries aside to make sure their country won three major trophies in a row. I can't remember one story where they had a bust up during their international games.

And let's not forget Xabi Alonso and Arbeloa were also part of both the national team and Real Madrid.

England's squad on paper between 2002 and 2008 should've made one final minimum. Yes.. their managers at the time should take some blame... but a team with a prime Wayne Rooney, Beckham, Scholes, Gerrard and Lampard... all Champions League winners... can't make ONE international final?
In my opinion... Alonso made Gerrard look better.. Makele lamps, Keane scholes.. Beckham and Rooney are just overrated.

Typical English player shyt

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

:stopitslime:

Telling more lies.

First off where's the receipt of Henry starting out as a FB at Monaco.

Secondly Xavi and Casillas are friends, they were the ones who put country over club for the national team. It's the reason why Mourinho fell out with Casillas at Real.

Real Madrid: Xavi's emotional goodbye letter to Casillas - MARCA.com (English version)

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Sven's faults

A) being Beckham's personal cheerleader.
B) Tactically inept for not making the midfield work.
C) Literally nothing off the bench.
D) Taking Walcott over Defore

They couldn't take penalties.

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Sven's faults

A) being Beckham's personal cheerleader.
B) Tactically inept for not making the midfield work.
C) Literally nothing off the bench.
D) Taking Walcott over Defore

They couldn't take penalties.
I'm an Arsenal fan and I still can't believe that not only an unproven Walcott was chosen to play in 2006... he didn't even get a game. That pivotal moment ruined his career.

It's such a shame that team never truly reached its potential.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
In my opinion... Alonso made Gerrard look better.. Makele lamps, Keane scholes.. Beckham and Rooney are just overrated.

Typical English player shyt
Whilst I agree Alonso made Gerrard look better. .. my unbiased opinion will not let you call Scholes, Rooney and Lampard overrated. I'd say Scholes is heavily underrated. If Zidane calls you the best player he's played against. .. I'll take his word for it. Rooney when he was younger was world class. And Lampard was solid for at least 9--10 seasons of his career.

I say this as an Arsenal fan... those players were outstanding but wasted in the England squad with inept tactics.