Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Eto sure, way better but I'm not having Drogba,Suarez and Zlatan ahead of Rooney. :yeshrug:
Don’t let his antics fool you breh, Suarez is class.

SAF was the best and worst thing to happen to Rooney lol....he forcibly kept Rooney at the club for his own selfish ends.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
facts, not even a debate. Dude it our here making crazy statements to save face :mjlol::russ:

English players are overrated bro, due to the english media and white man bandwagons. Leave it at that and keep it moving.

Who remembers when Joe Hart was gonna be England #1 for the next 20yrs looooool.
Don't really care about the England team tbh. I do feel Rooney was heavily overrated initially and then underrated before he fell of a cliff. I'm not sure what Metric Drogba beats Rooney at personally and no, the majority of his peak united years was him as the second striker to Ruud, played wide for Cr and even Tevez and obviously RvP because he was always happy doing the donkey work. He played a couple seasons max as the main striker. This is a fact as its clearly shows in his goal record. Suarez only beats Rooney when he moved to Barca. Before then they were neck and neck.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Put Rooney and Drogba in the same category in my opinion :yeshrug:

Both had seasons where they were untouchable (2009/2010) especially for both but they've also had season were they weren't consistent 2010/2011

Eto'o still haunts me because of the 2009 final :mjcry:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@TobiOT Sven, McClaren, Capello, Woy, Allardyce... just one poor appointment after another. :snoop:

Southgate is at least steering the team in the right direction. With the talent at his disposal... they really shouldn't fail.

Southgate is terrible game manager tho. And too scared to pick proper midfielder, besides cloggers.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Southgate is terrible game manager tho. And too scared to pick proper midfielder, besides cloggers.
He's definitely not great buy he's the best for the team at the moment. Players aren't being picked solely on their reputation anymore.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Of this era:

Messi Ronaldo

Then:

Lewandowski Suarez (at their peak), Neymar Mbappe

Don't @ me.

full

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
In my opinion... Alonso made Gerrard look better.. Makele lamps, Keane scholes.. Beckham and Rooney are just overrated.

Typical English player shyt

call the record england goalscorer, the 4th highest goalscorer in premier league history from midfield and the most decorated english premier league player ever overrated, brehs

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
A report from The Athletic on what went down between Sterling and Gomez:

Raheem Sterling’s confrontation with Joe Gomez lasted only 10 to 15 seconds according to those present, yet the fallout from it will run significantly longer for England, Gareth Southgate and the FA.

The incident, which led to Sterling being dropped for the game against Montenegro on Thursday evening, took place at about 12.30pm on Monday at St George’s Park.

Gomez was in the canteen shaking everyone’s hand and then reached Sterling, who was sitting down. Sterling snapped and responded, “So you think you’re the big man?”, stood up and tried to get Gomez in a headlock, knocking food over from the table. “It was a pretty full-on thing and food went everywhere,” said one source. “Sterling behaved like a bit of a child.”

Another source said: “It was all out of the blue, ‘Woah, what the hell has happened here?’. Everyone was just a bit shocked.”

Southgate fukked up. Raheem shouldn't be sent home for some little shyt like that, funny as it may be.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
A report from The Athletic on what went down between Sterling and Gomez:

Raheem Sterling’s confrontation with Joe Gomez lasted only 10 to 15 seconds according to those present, yet the fallout from it will run significantly longer for England, Gareth Southgate and the FA.

The incident, which led to Sterling being dropped for the game against Montenegro on Thursday evening, took place at about 12.30pm on Monday at St George’s Park.

Gomez was in the canteen shaking everyone’s hand and then reached Sterling, who was sitting down. Sterling snapped and responded, “So you think you’re the big man?”, stood up and tried to get Gomez in a headlock, knocking food over from the table. “It was a pretty full-on thing and food went everywhere,” said one source. “Sterling behaved like a bit of a child.”

Another source said: “It was all out of the blue, ‘Woah, what the hell has happened here?’. Everyone was just a bit shocked.”

Southgate fukked up. Raheem shouldn't be sent home for some little shyt like that, funny as it may be.
I don't get how a minor incident like that involving one of the country's top talents is not handled quietly/privately, including any disciplinary actions. :francis: