Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
How tf has Lampard figured this shyt out so easily? :gucci:
Just makes Ole look worse tbh, these people had a transfer ban
Out here playing champagne football on a kool aid budget

Ole is from the 90's, where that football was acceptable. Also Scandinavian football is based on being workmanlike and hustling. What they lack in skill, they make up for in effort.

Lampard only retired a few years ago and played thru the different transition eras of the late 90's, 00's and part of the 10's. Lampard plays modern football, Ole doesnt.

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pulisic :banderas:

I was getting in heated arguments with Chelsea fans the past couple of weeks on another forum. Let the boy play! :ufdup:

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
10's are obsolete. Look at DeBruyne and Silva they're both 10's who converted to 8's or more so hybrids. Look at Mata he's a shadow of the player he was at Chelsea(funny enough he admitted that 10's are obsolete) Same goes for the Liverpool team, they don't play with 10. That's why Özil is struggling, because he can't adapt and find a new chamber to his game like the likes of DeBruyne. shyt is evolving. Dude hasn't been the answer for a long time. Creators are required to do more than create. Özil is gonna come back in the team and do nothing.

:francis:

The positive is that there are so many young prospects around the world.

:banderas:

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dunno who u arguing with but we been wanting him to play. Everytime he has mintues to play, hes delivered.

These dudes were saying he's overrated American trash and a sub-average player, like we didn't see him ball out sometimes with Aubameyang, Dembele, Reus, etc. and play well against top-tier teams like Real Madrid. They confuse American enthusiasm for Pulisic for delusional belief that he's a future top 5 player or something. Nobody's saying that, but they want to deny that he's a serious world-class talent and the first American player who might hack it. I always liked Donovan and Dempsey, but this is different on the club side, and the haters are trying to deny that.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
These dudes were saying he's overrated American trash and a sub-average player, like we didn't see him ball out sometimes with Aubameyang, Dembele, Reus, etc. and play well against top-tier teams like Real Madrid. They confuse American enthusiasm for Pulisic for delusional belief that he's a future top 5 player or something. Nobody's saying that, but they want to deny that he's a serious world-class talent and the first American player who might hack it. I always liked Donovan and Dempsey, but this is different on the club side, and the haters are trying to deny that.

I don't know where you live, but I'm in the states...and muthafukkas ARE delusional here. Dude track him like he's the second coming. He's created even MORE plastic ass Chelski fans. Legit people are losing their minds over him. He's good but idk if he really as brilliant as most of us (Americans) are hoping he is. He's done well. But I need to see how he does starting consistently.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Ole is from the 90's, where that football was acceptable. Also Scandinavian football is based on being workmanlike and hustling. What they lack in skill, they make up for in effort.

Lampard only retired a few years ago and played thru the different transition eras of the late 90's, 00's and part of the 10's. Lampard plays modern football, Ole doesnt.
All facts.

Ole and United staff act like Scott McTominay is the pinnacle of football. That tells you all you need to know about their footballing mindset.

I haven't followed Lampard's coaching career closely but I recall a lot City players raving about his one year there and how influential he was.

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know where you live, but I'm in the states...and muthafukkas ARE delusional here. Dude track him like he's the second coming. He's created even MORE plastic ass Chelski fans. Legit people are losing their minds over him. He's good but idk if he really as brilliant as most of us (Americans) are hoping he is. He's done well. But I need to see how he does starting consistently.

Nobody thinks Pulisic is the next KDB or some shyt like that. But his talent level is way higher than Donovan/Dempsey/Altidore/etc. He doesn't look technically deficient compared to great Euro players, which is a first in my experience watching soccer. That's why people are excited. Even when Donovan and Dempsey were scoring goals in the World Cup and Premier League, or Tim Howard playing well consistently, it didn't pass the eye test the same way. It's like comparing Vardy to Lewandowski or something.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
10's are obsolete. Look at DeBruyne and Silva they're both 10's who converted to 8's or more so hybrids. Look at Mata he's a shadow of the player he was at Chelsea(funny enough he admitted that 10's are obsolete) Same goes for the Liverpool team, they don't play with 10. That's why Özil is struggling, because he can't adapt and find a new chamber to his game like the likes of DeBruyne. shyt is evolving. Dude hasn't been the answer for a long time. Creators are required to do more than create. Özil is gonna come back in the team and do nothing.

:francis:

The positive is that there are so many young prospects around the world.

:banderas:

You're forgetting that both Silva and KDB also played on the wings before joining Citeh and while there, mainly in pre Pep days, where Citeh were more 442/4231.

Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Fabinho also started out on the flanks before coming inside centrally.

Ozil stopped improving once he left Real/won the WC. :hubie:

Mata's lack of speed/athleticism caught him out. Also majority of his career he was played out wide than inside.

Languid, non athletic/explosive #10 are obsolete. But #10 can still work, just have to go old school and having them as the SS and not the AM. Most of the Inside/Wing forwards of this era are really SS anyway.

And if we keeping it all the way reality, the 2 players known for being the best #10's of the 21st Century, both played out wide and came inside. And one of players was seen you much of a liability to play centrally.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Disgusting to even imagine. :picard:
When was this?:picard:
Imagine waiting for your lineup and seeing Hendo on the wings :picard:

His first few years as a professional, he mainly played RM for Sunderland. Can cross the ball and is industrious, those type of players work as a wide midfielder in a 442.