Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Way too early, but is this just a dip in form or is Pulisic gonna flame out?

:chappelleoops:

I'm not worried. He's still just a 21 year old kid having a rough stretch. On the club level he's played well but not as good as those chosen ahead of him. On the USMNT he plays in a system that leaves him stranded.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Way too early, but is this just a dip in form or is Pulisic gonna flame out?

:chappelleoops:

In age he is still young, but in football terms he isnt. Played about 170 career games, he is at the stage where he has to go to the next level of his development, transition from young talent, to consistent performer.

Now it could just be that he has lost confidence in himself, because he expected to be starting for Chelsea, especially after the transfer fee paid for him. But he got the harsh realities of being at the elite level, yeah you cost this amount, but you have to work harder now and he isn't the only young talent at Chelsea. At Dortmund he was seen as a jewel when he came thru, Chelsea have 3-4 and more fanfare is made about CHO coming back from injury and the English talents coming back from their loan spells then Pulisic joining.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Pulisic not that good. Is he good enough to be able to be in a squad for a European team for the next decade? Yes.

Is he ever gonna be a great player who will score 20 goals a season and have his team fighting for titles in a major league? No, unless that major league plays soccer.

And it's not like I'm being biased, I feel the same way about Leon Bailey. Both of them are young enough to prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
He's still adjusting to the English game. It's still quite early to call. He'll definitely step his game up as time goes on. Some people take a little longer to get into their stride.
:patrice:

Will he even get that opportunity at Chelsea especially with the other young talent jumping ahead of him and the transfer ban ending?

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
:patrice:

Will he even get that opportunity at Chelsea especially with the other young talent jumping ahead of him and the transfer ban ending?

The transfer ban lasts until summer 2020. Chelsea is still competing on 4 fronts (League, UCL, League Cup and FA Cup). As the season progresses Chelsea will have to rotate their players so he'll definitely get his opportunities. It takes some players a little bit of time to get adjusted. And it's not like he's been playing poorly like when Bakayoko came to Chelsea. It's just that other players are playing better than him, and when you look at who's ahead of him, it makes sense to a degree.

Mount was under Lamps last season at Derby and is already familiar with English ball. Willian and Pedro are seasoned veterans. CHO was already getting minutes last year and has more playing time with Chelsea than Pulisic.

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The transfer ban lasts until summer 2020. Chelsea is still competing on 4 fronts (League, UCL, League Cup and FA Cup). As the season progresses Chelsea will have to rotate their players so he'll definitely get his opportunities. It takes some players a little bit of time to get adjusted. And it's not like he's been playing poorly like when Bakayoko came to Chelsea. It's just that other players are playing better than him, and when you look at who's ahead of him, it makes sense to a degree.

Mount was under Lamps last season at Derby and is already familiar with English ball. Willian and Pedro are seasoned veterans. CHO was already getting minutes last year and has more playing time with Chelsea than Pulisic.
I'm not as optimistic but we'll see :ehh:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

Klopp saying we should wait till next week to find form......Liverpool about to give Ole that work on Sunday
ssUT3Te.png

Last edited: