Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
USMNT :mjcry: Gregg :camby:where do we go from here :snoop: @beejus

We all know what needs to happen, but we all know what won't happen. Greg should have been fired last night right after the game, but do to incompetence, his brother running the federation, and SUM/MLS/USSF printing money nothing will come of any of this.

Gregg's contract runs through 2022. We'll struggle to make the World Cup and honestly we might not make the next World Cup. After that I can see him being let go, but we don't have the balls to fire him right now.

If I had my way Earnie Stewart and Gregg would be fired by the end of the week. Tab Ramos would be put in as interim coach. He's coached all the younger players with the USYNT and has gotten results from them.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
We all know what needs to happen, but we all know what won't happen. Greg should have been fired last night right after the game, but do to incompetence, his brother running the federation, and SUM/MLS/USSF printing money nothing will come of any of this.

Gregg's contract runs through 2022. We'll struggle to make the World Cup and honestly we might not make the next World Cup. After that I can see him being let go, but we don't have the balls to fire him right now.

If I had my way Earnie Stewart and Gregg would be fired by the end of the week. Tab Ramos would be put in as interim coach. He's coached all the younger players with the USYNT and has gotten results from them.

Stewart can’t seriously stand for this. Gregg talking about there is no desire in their eyes this goes right into the rant Lalas was saying over a year ago about the team being tattoo punks. Gregg is the freaking manager he has to change the culture and make the “team” care if he can’t do that then off with his head team looks worse than Bruce’s last game with this type of performance. I didn’t even bother turning on the Cuba game cause I knew that sht was fools gold.

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
Stewart can’t seriously stand for this. Gregg talking about there is no desire in their eyes this goes right into the rant Lalas was saying over a year ago about the team being tattoo punks. Gregg is the freaking manager he has to change the culture and make the “team” care if he can’t do that then off with his head team looks worse than Bruce’s last game with this type of performance. I didn’t even bother turning on the Cuba game cause I knew that sht was fools gold.
Stewart can't do shyt. Gregg Brother is one of the head dudes at the federation so unless he(coach )starts publically supporting Hong Kong, he ain't going anywhere

But this what happens when you have this arrogance, Maga type attitude where you could of had Tata Martino, Osario or someone like Miguel Herrera but you end up with the CAC coach from MLS that has his "system" that clearly ain't working

I ask this, since the world cup qualifying failure, what has changed since?

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

I counted like only 15 that actually made it. 16 if you count Bojan

26 for me

• banega
  • walcott
  • richards
  • van der wiel
  • vela
  • sanchez
  • saivet (although hes currently stuck in footballing purgatory on tyneside)
  • augusto
  • rakitic
  • ozil
  • mata
  • kroos
  • de silvestri
  • fellaini
  • coentrao
  • fabio (although his brother had the better career)
  • benzema
  • di santo
  • buonanotte
  • di maria
  • bojan
  • aguero
  • bale
  • dos santos
  • anderson
  • pato

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Stewart can't do shyt. Gregg Brother is one of the head dudes at the federation so unless he(coach )starts publically supporting Hong Kong, he ain't going anywhere

But this what happens when you have this arrogance, Maga type attitude where you could of had Tata Martino, Osario or someone like Miguel Herrera but you end up with the CAC coach from MLS that has his "system" that clearly ain't working

Bottom line is the quality of the players is just terrible, the scouting is poor, and the governance is shyte.
The idea that the MSL would be feeder for the national team is a joke. Outside of the foreign players the Americans in the MSL are trash. makes no sense that the US is so bad and countries like Iceland and Wales have done just as good if not better in the regional and global tournaments.
It’s been said on here many times that footballs a rich kids sport. Until that mindset is changed so kids from ALL backgrounds can play and be supported by a governance structure that recognizes diversity this team will continue to be trash.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

I really want Osario. The whole Gregg thing was a farce from jump with them waiting several months to announce a manager that no one was checking for.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Screen-Shot-2019-10-16-at-7-29-46-PM.png

Life comes at you fast :ahh: