Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Brehs...

Are Ajax the favorite in UCL now? The only top team that still looks consistent. Outside of Bayern.

Madrid is kaput, Barca look flabby, Liverpool getting pushed to the brink, Juve and City look ok.

I'm not the only seeing this right?

No, Ajax aren't winning the CL. If you are an old and slow team (Real, Juve, Valencia) Ajax will run rings around you, if you ain't :flabbynsick: and put it on them, they will fold.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Liverpool barely made it out of the group stages breh. Some teams go into the knockouts looking entirely different.

Exactly. They lost 3 matches in the group stage last year and only qualified because of the goals scored tiebreaker. It's a long season, plenty of things can change, plenty of time for sluggish teams to get better, or teams doing well now to get exposed.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
AZ alkmaar got a nice young squad. I can see them beating united today

Montez

Superstar
Daps
The Dortmund CEO told Suddeutsche Zeitung: "Aubameyang, who plays great at Arsenal, will probably be warm-hearted when he looks at his bank account, but on Wednesdays will be saddened when he has to watch the Champions League on television."

Aubameyang blasts 'clown' Dortmund CEO

:blessed::whew::noah::whoo:

Ether

He's a great striker but he isn't a killer. Happy someone said it.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
:umad:

Until he plays a competitive match, he still available for all 3. :yeshrug:

What I would hate to see is a situation where they get called up for only qualifying matches and get frozen out in main tournaments. Tammy and Fikayo would get minutes with Nigeria. I would hate to see them get relegated to bench warmer status.

But at the end of the day, Nigeria has to take that on the chin. The impetus needs to be on the the NFF to develop an environment that attracts and retains the best talent.