Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It was funny listening to Hansen last night when he said City could go on and dominate for the next 10 years.

He said the same exact thing when we won our first. You'd have thought he learnt his lesson already.

If we can get our shyt together then a genuine 3 way title race for the league will be epic.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
It was funny listening to Hansen last night when he said City could go on and dominate for the next 10 years.

He said the same exact thing when we won our first. You'd have thought he learnt his lesson already.

If we can get our shyt together then a genuine 3 way title race for the league will be epic.

But when Hansen said it he thought u would have Jose for those years. Then the musical chairs began

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But when Hansen said it he thought u would have Jose for those years. Then the musical chairs began

...and he overlooked the fact that you can only spend so much and other teams can and will improve.

I wouldn't put it beyond City doing a repeat next season but their cycle won't be that long imo.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
It's not inconceivable that in a few years when FFP has really kicked in that several of the top teams will be able to outspend city.

And if that happens, what do they have left? They better have one hell of a marketing plan.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FFP is a nonsense. So many ways to get around it. Didn't City announce a massive 400m Etihad deal last year?

Btw saw the F1 highlights on SSN and the crest looked mad beautiful on that Sauber car. :takedat:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
...and he overlooked the fact that you can only spend so much and other teams can and will improve.

I wouldn't put it beyond City doing a repeat next season but their cycle won't be that long imo.

Yeah, the way football has been goin you got a 3-5 year window then u got to rebuild, unless u get really lucky with no bad injuries, good signins, gettin rid of players at the right time and the players are youthful. Its easy to go on a 3 year run of doin fukk all. Cite Arsenal. IIRC apart from last season you been in a final every year since Jose took over.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
That deal is a drop in the ocean.

Their wage bill alone is 115% of their turnover.(or so i read from a source i can't remember)

Short like leprechauns it will be lads. Believe that.:jawalrus:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, the way football has been goin you got a 3-5 year window then u got to rebuild, unless u get really lucky with no bad injuries, good signins, gettin rid of players at the right time and the players are youthful. Its easy to go on a 3 year run of doin fukk all. Cite Arsenal. IIRC apart from last season you been in a final every year since Jose took over.
Yeah last year was the first time in the Roman era we finished trophyless and not having played a final.

We've been competitive enough but we've made so many facking stupid mistakes along the way. :snoop:

But win the CL on Saturday and I wouldn't have it any other way tbh.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Stupid twitter logo at the bottom of every post.

They're going to far now.

And that stupid betting thing, gay.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So Gos won the fantasy league. :rudy:

I facked up by not getting RVP early when he was banging them in. Would have walked it otherwise tbh.