Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Pepe’s price tag was unfortunate.

I don’t think he’s a flop, and I think he’ll get better, but he’s a victim of modern player pricing.

I remember last year and the year before, people were talking about guys like Belotti and Milinkovic-Savic as close to or over a hundred M’s and all I could think was :tuckerreally:

I don’t know how or if the “bubble” is ever gonna burst, but people are slowly coming to the correct conclusion which is damn near no player bought/sold in the last 3-4 years is actually worth what anybody paid except Mbappe.

From Pogba to Tyrone Mings, shyt is getting outta hand.

I feel like I’m defending Pepe, but I kinda feel bad for him. I can feel the price tag weighing him down.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
TELEMMGLPICT000211509370_trans%2B%2B_oMXTpXgBkHuxDpi0rvHeMfWztit2Lqg3iSHH6rqHVc.jpeg

I beg someone please add :flabbynsick: to this

@SmarkMero @THEREALBRAND
It's defo needed now :bryan:

image.png

Montez

Superstar
Daps

Who are we going to buy to replace all those goals? Strikers who score like that ain't cheap.
:gucci:

Emery is running him into the ground, he’s done after this season.

Can’t judge Pepe under Emery. He ain’t a £72M player mind you. Probably closer to 30.

This Gervinho slander needs to stop. Man could've been an Arsenal legend under a better manager.

He played under the best attacking manager.
Gervinho created enough space but lost his confidence.

Gervinho just played for Arsenal at a bad time. Post Cesc and Nasir, breh had too much responsibility.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
He played under the best attacking manager.
Gervinho created enough space but lost his confidence.

Gervinho just played for Arsenal at a bad time. Post Cesc and Nasir, breh had too much responsibility.
This miss was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

After that, there was no road to redemption for him.