Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall

saka's minutes needs to be monitored. we can't risk running him into the ground at 18 with this nonsense team. he needs to develop while we're at this shyt standard and then as he gets older and better hopefully we have a team worthy of him.

and nelson isn't frail, he suffers from cowardice.

Look how many times he got shubbed off the ball during Watford and the same thing with the Tuanzabe yout. He is frail. I agree with the cowardice from that weak shot. But he's young also so he has time to bulk up. But he's not ready. You're right about Saka though, he should be used sparingly.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Arsenal aren't thaaaat bad. Backline 4 is horrific but it's temporary.

They need Maddison but the team isn't thaaaat bad. They're set up poorly. Unbalanced midfield, no bridge to the front 3, slow build up due to having no attacking philosophy beyond getting it to the wings and cutting back. They should be top 4.

When Aubameyang and Pepe have to come so far back for the ball, it's an issue. Emery has better players this year but the philosophy is the same.

Saka and Pepe only getting burn because he wants to counterattack but he uses them recklessly. .

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

ddLdCqI.png

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
Aubameyang is so on form right now but he has no one feeding him chances :gucci:
This claffy is afraid to play an attacking team.​

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
This game was terrible. I don’t know why Emery continues to set out with this negative philosophy but it’s clearly not working because we can’t beat teams consistently. Playing Xhaka as the pivot with Torreira as the B2B is just horrible tactically. If he dropped Xhaka, moved Torreira to the pivot then had Ceballos or Willock on, we’d be able to transition the ball so much more effectively.

The lack of protection for the back four and our generally poor defence needs to be answered for because we’re so prone to the counter attack despite playing negatively.

If we had a better manager, we’d be 7 point better off.

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
:francis: Pepe at Arsenal has been such a flop

I hope dude proves us wrong but he’s done nothing to impress me

Saka > bum ass Pepe

Bergkamp and Thierry didn't set the ground alight immediately either. Not saying he's in their class but you have to give players time. Funny enough he did an interview earlier today I think to where he talked about his valuation.​