Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
:mindblown: so you basically think we are stuck for the foreseeable future with Gregg? He’s a bum USA isn’t built to play from the back. They haven’t been able to do that ever. It’s mostly due to the breakdown once they get pressured. I still don’t understand why most guys lack the touch at the senior level. I’m not sold any of the vision for the team.. but I know I’m not optimistic. So do you think we need to have another failed World Cup campaign?

I've watched some of the USYNT play and they play out of the back with no problem. Obviously against men it's much tougher, but I think our kids will be able to do it since it's been instilled in them for years. With that said I wouldn't mind seeing Tab Ramos get a chance to coach the MNT. A lot of the younger guys were all coached by him and they've had pretty good World Cup tournaments runs when he's been the coach.

Af for failing and not making the the 2022 World Cup. No I think we absolutely need to make it. The damage of not making the WC 2 straight cycles would be terrible for the federation and the growth of the sport in this country. We have a whole lot riding on 2026 when we are hosting and we need to be able to use 2022 to build a solid core of players who should be in their prime by 2026.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Football Italia
Why did Carlo Ancelotti want someone like Icardi at Napoli? Someone unable to apologise to his teammates for the words of his wife-agent?
Besides which, Maurito only scores goals from crosses at the by-line. For the rest, he is incapable of anything a modern striker should be able to do.

“I am not remotely surprised he went to Paris Saint-Germain, the natural home of undisciplined players.”

Di canio talking about discipline now :mjlol:

93066d7c-ed9e-43b2-bec2-8e67bf5399f5-bestSizeAvailable.png

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

Marcelino is out at Valencia after winning the Copa Del Rey and qualifying for the CL.

Cold world :francis:

Dude brought Valencia their first trophy in 10 years and he gets the boot.

Oh, guess what. Valencia plays Barca this weekend.

Ever since Lim tookover Valencia they’ve been a shell of their former selves.

I gotta give credit to Fenway Sports group (own Liverpool and the Boston Red Sox).

That’s what real managment looks like.