Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
:comeon:

We don't know who likes who...we're talking about Salah cockblocking Mane

Brehs in this very thread were calling this out last year..where in certain situations Salah declined to play Mane through. However, the jury was still out.

We now have more pronounced examples and data. Evidently, Mane felt the same.
It’s a nonsense though, Sadio has been just as guilty at times :stopitslime: just off the top of the head I remember he didn’t pass to Mo in the derby 2 seasons back that we ended up drawing, last season against Spurs he turned down an open Mo to pass to Keita who was marked and I can’t remember if it was the home or away leg against Porto that he was selfish af and skied a bunch of shots when a pass was on. There’s other examples too just like there is with Mo and we all know why brehs called those moments out but not the other way round :mjpls:

During that time Opta stats for Premier League matches show that the most frequent combination in terms of passes between Klopp’s attackers involves Salah finding Firmino (277). That’s followed by Firmino to Salah (256), Firmino to Mane (222), Mane to Firmino (209), Mane to Salah (177) and Salah to Mane (172).
5 passes in it :snoop: and Sadio has the fewest passes of the lot.

Mane leads the way with 43 for Salah. Mane has provided Salah with seven assists. In return, Salah has created 25 chances for Mane and that has resulted in four assists. The Egyptian has created 34 chances for Firmino with five assists, while Firmino has created 33 chances for Salah with seven assists. Firmino has created 26 chances for Mane with five assists and Mane has created 17 for Firmino with two assists.
59, 59 and 60, looks like everybody is sharing the love pretty evenly to me :yeshrug: I think it would show if Mo was really being that selfish.

The fact that Mane’s total passes to Salah is the second lowest of the six combinations but Mane to Salah is the highest for chances created shows that when they do combine it’s in areas where they can really hurt teams.
Breh is 100% right when he says is Sadio not passing to Bobby if we are going by just chances created, or is it just a byproduct of how we play that that’s the least dangerous combination and Sadio to Mo is the most?

Yet the stats make a mockery of the idea that Salah isn’t a team man. Going back to the start of the 2017-18 season, he has contributed 20 assists in the Premier League and created 139 chances with 968 successful passes in the final third. Over the same period Mane has chipped in with nine assists, 104 chances created and 848 successful passes in the final third. Firmino boasts 15 assists, 103 chances created and 878 successful passes in the final third. Salah has been the most dazzling creative force of the three – providing 1.92 chances per 90 minutes compared to 1.68 for Mane and 1.61 for Firmino.
Mo is not only our top goal scorer but also our most creative player and that doesn’t look to me like anybody is being overly selfish. Elite scorers all have that greediness and you need it, they are both guilty of backing themselves when a better option is on sometimes and I don’t blame them because they are both world class but the vast majority of the time they get it right :banderas: It didn’t hurt us last season and we are sitting top with the only 100% record heading into the break.

Love that even at 3-0 with the points in the bag he wants more, yes the better option was to pass there but I really don’t mind Mo backing himself trying to get on the scoresheet at that point of the game given the score and Sadio woulda done the same :manny: I thought turning down Bobby to hit that dribbler was far worse but again players don’t always make the right decision they ain’t robots and if we are being fair we gonna have a go at Virgil tryna score from 40 yards out at 2-0? No because that would be ridiculous just like this is.

It’s a mountain out of a molehill and by all accounts was sorted even before they hit the dressing room, I don’t see anybody outside the club making a big deal of it so I don’t understand why we are :snoop:

PL368Z

All Star
Daps
:francis:

eydv1ll2p8k31.jpg

We need Mourinho to Madrid ASAP!!! :damn:
Dude is desperate for that real move:mjlol:

But then again playing in the midfield of Mctominay and lingard will do that to any top class midfielder.:francis:

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
What have we fukking done? Our whole midfield hates their lives. :sadcam: Fred got to United and said fukk it I'm going to rush and do all my life shyt. Just what the fukk.

Majestic

Believe in myself and the Coles and Kendricks
Daps

Inter fans :stylin: in the repiles

Cavani, Neymar,Mbappe and Icardi on the same team.....them egos :mjgrin:

If they don't make the semis atleast :francis: Also Juve too with that amazing squad of theirs.