Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was a penalty on Kane...
yjx5uPN.png
DI8GhWH.png

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
This was one of the most frustrating NLDs in recent memory. Emery refusing to drop Xhaka came back to bite us yet again and then bringing on Mkhi instead of Willock or Nelson was the icing on the cake. He continues to have faith in these older players that offer absolutely nothing :snoop:

As much as I wanna say that Spurs got lucky, our defence and midfield is so trash that we could have easily lost that game. I predicted a draw before the match so I can’t be too mad but I’ve lost all patience with Emery. He’s just a tinkerman with no defined style of play of his own.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
And that is why Xhaka should nave never started. He's just a guy who can strike a ball well every once in a while..
VkDhOIJ.png

The real problem is Torreira and his height. If Torreira was at least 5'9'' we could play him at the base and Ceballos and Guendouzi either side of a 3-man midfield. Maybe against weaker teams, but not in a game where we need physical presence.

The problem isn't that Xhaka is our "best" defensive midfielder, the problem is that he's our only physical one. He's complete dogshyt but he's the tallest and strongest guy we've got.

:francis: