Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
spurs, man u and arsenal all lost, huh?

shaping up to be a great season

tugs his shirt to give away a penalty and then this? luiz might have to retire and focus on his restaurant businesses. embarrassing

Daps
Ole's got Pogba playing too deep just like Mourinho did. You'd think that Pogba playing higher up the pitch for France and winning a World Cup would have settled any debate about his abilities.

Even I know this shyt, and I'm a neophyte at this sport.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Ole's got Pogba playing too deep just like Mourinho did. You'd think that Pogba playing higher up the pitch for France and winning a World Cup would have settled any debate about his abilities.

It's infuriating. Only way you get Pogba playing as part of a double pivot is if you have a Kante type that's close down all channels and protect the back 4. We really messed up by not getting a solid replacement for Matic. Have McTominay play the B2B role and then Pogba higher up the pitch.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I wish he was cause it wouldn’t be so embarrassing but a quick look at bluemoon will show you that he is completely serious and many share the same obsession and sickness :scust:

Why are you visiting blue moon?

Rent free as you'd say.

I can visit bbc.co.uk and see the Liverpool BS all over. Yall are mad. I'd be too if the game was rigged for me and I still couldn't win. That drought gonna hit 30 years and the football world will rejoice.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Busquet needs to go to china....he was a great player but iniesta and xavi made him look better

Nah breh. They complimented each other perfectly. Busquets is a top 5 DM of all time. You replace Iniesta and Xavi with any other quality CM, and Busquets will still do his work perfectly.

I agree he's declining tho :mjcry:
My favorite midfielder ever, if you count Kaka as a forward :wow:

Daps
It's infuriating. Only way you get Pogba playing as part of a double pivot is if you have a Kante type that's close down all channels and protect the back 4. We really messed up by not getting a solid replacement for Matic. Have McTominay play the B2B role and then Pogba higher up the pitch.

I have wondered more than once what y'all would look like with a proper D-Mid so that Pogba wouldn't have to track back so much and could focus on creating shots.

His passing ability is being utterly wasted and to me, the energy he puts forth tracking back clearly has him drained in the last fifteen minutes of the match.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Pogba is playing the same position he did for France, deeper next to Kante, and he's actually playing pretty well. His weakest match was against Chelsea where he ended up with 2 assists :jbhmm:

The issue is the players around him. Martial is the only player that has good technical ability and can do something positive in the build up :manny: So you can either play Pogba deeper where he belongs and does a great job winning back possession or you can play him further up and then just having him constantly coming back to two center backs to pick up the ball:hubie: