Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
1. They will.

2. It's just the Gold Cup, no one gives a fukk about that anyway.
Speak for yourself , it doesn't matter what futbol shyt it is, if Mexico and USMNT are in it, I want Mexico.to win, my boy had to pay $250 for 1 ticket cuz he waited too long to buy the finals tickets wen they were going for $80 cuz no1 knew who would be in the final, so obviously people are invested in it

Daps
Speak for yourself , it doesn't matter what futbol shyt it is, if Mexico and USMNT are in it, I want Mexico.to win, my boy had to pay $250 for 1 ticket cuz he waited too long to buy the finals tickets wen they were going for $80 cuz no1 knew who would be in the final, so obviously people are invested in it

How does it feel to have a rivalry when the other side doesn't give a fukk about it? :ohhh:

Beating Mexico's C-squad means nothing to me or to literally millions of other Americans, but if y'all Mexicans care about beating this weak-ass U.S. men's side, good luck to you. :francis:

concise

Veteran
Daps
How does it feel to have a rivalry when the other side doesn't give a fukk about it? :ohhh:

Beating Mexico's C-squad means nothing to me or to literally millions of other Americans, but if y'all Mexicans care about beating this weak-ass U.S. men's side, good luck to you. :francis:

FOH :mjlol:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
you forgetting about the olympics?:patrice:
True. But that’s their issue. A month for the World Cup. 2 weeks for the olympics and that’s it:francis:

Until women’s sport becomes more about athletics than politics(like tennis), I just don’t see them building viable leagues.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
It seems like a lot of the big Euro clubs now are spending money on the women’s teams. I know Arsenal does some investing
Yeah it's weird. I was having this conversation with people a few days ago.

1. Title 9 gives US women's soccer a huge headstart. The national team dominates, but people don't care on a week-to-week basis.

2. Whereas, European women's soccer could surpass the US by using the infrastructure of the big men's clubs. The Lady Arsenal is going to attract way more interest just because of the association with Arsenal. Teams like Spain, France, Netherlands couldn't do shyt with the USWNT just 10 years ago. Now they're competitive.