Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
And the world goes back to not caring about women’s soccer until 2023:pachaha:

Once the Prem takes over the Women's League in England its over. Putting big money into is gonna change everything and its gonna KILL any efforts for a real league in the USA. Girls gonna be coming outa high school to go play for Lyon/Arsenal/City/ManU etc.

Also, I think the "our best athletes don't play the sport" argument doesn't do it justice really. The system isn't made to create technically sound players. When you look at the USWNT Heath, Rapinoe, Lavelle, Mewis, and to some degree Morgan and technically sound as fukk. And that's just in the starting 11.

Name me ANY USMNT member that could dribble their way out of a paper bag. :camby: The men get told "be more athletic, have more hustle and you will win." And then the come up against a Belgium with a young Dries Mertens, Eden Hazard and KDB and got made fools of. If it wasn't for Timmy Howard that match woulda been like 14-0.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Marco Fabian still hurt? :mjlol:

He just came back today to start. Scored on a glancing header. The fans haven't warmed to him because the 18 year old kid who replaced him was pretty good AND local, from South Jersey. Personally I think Fabian's been good in the little time he's played.

The real revelation has been this Cape Verdean midfielder they got, Monteiro. He's like a homeless man's Essien, maybe the best player they've ever had.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Once the Prem takes over the Women's League in England its over. Putting big money into is gonna change everything and its gonna KILL any efforts for a real league in the USA. Girls gonna be coming outa high school to go play for Lyon/Arsenal/City/ManU etc.

Also, I think the "our best athletes don't play the sport" argument doesn't do it justice really. The system isn't made to create technically sound players. When you look at the USWNT Heath, Rapinoe, Lavelle, Mewis, and to some degree Morgan and technically sound as fukk. And that's just in the starting 11.

Name me ANY USMNT member that could dribble their way out of a paper bag. :camby: The men get told "be more athletic, have more hustle and you will win." And then the come up against a Belgium with a young Dries Mertens, Eden Hazard and KDB and got made fools of. If it wasn't for Timmy Howard that match woulda been like 14-0.
Nah bruh.I feel you on the coaching but the women get the same coaching. They still go through the college system. So what's the difference. The difference is baseball, Football, and basketball.

The USWNT looks technical compared to their peers because they had a big headstart.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Can't wait to run into yall :blessed:
giphy.gif