Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Curaçao out playing USA this second half. Crazy for a nation so small.

They have a great sports infrastructure there. The amount of athletes they produce is crazy. Per capita they produce more MLB players than any other nation. It’s a country that loves sports and does a great job of supporting them.

They’re finally starting to take football as seriously as they take baseball. Bringing Patrick Kluivert in as the coach in 2015 had a huge impact on their development. He was able to recruit a lot of players from the Netherlands with ancestry in Curaçao, implement the Dutch style of play, and really get people excited about football. When he left one of his former assistants took over, and continued to build on Kluivert’s plan. If they continue to develop and grow the sport they’re going to be a team that could compete at the top of CONCACAF within the next 10 years.

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sooooooooooooo juve midfield looking like... Can, Khedira, Pjanic, Dybala, Ramsey, Matuidi, Costa, Cuadrado, Bernardeschi, Bentancur and now Rabiot

some off loading HAS to be on the way

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
sooooooooooooo juve midfield looking like... Can, Khedira, Pjanic, Dybala, Ramsey, Matuidi, Costa, Cuadrado, Bernardeschi, Bentancur and now Rabiot

And all of them seem rigid too. Idk where the creativity is supposed to come from

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

Khedira - Probably on his way out
Can - Here to stay, but if he doesn't break into the first team soon it could be curtains
Ramsey - Definitely an experience rotation player who'll bring in runs from deep
Matuidi - Lot's of energy. Might have 1 or 2 more seasons in him at this level
Costa - More of a winger/attacker. Could be on his way out.
Cuadrado - I definitely see him on his way out.
Bernardeschi- He's here to stay. Very capable winger.
Bentancur - Here to stay.
Pjanic - Here to stay, for the time being. Ajax exposed his mobility limitations.
Dybala - More of an attacker. Here to stay for the time being
Rabiot - Brings a little more creativity to the side. Here to stay.

F K

All Star
Daps
D-Y8IfkUwAA5OUf.jpg:large

:banderas: I love this shyt! Standing up for Kap, standing up to the big Orange, pissing off europeans. Salute, I hope when I have daughters they are stone-cold killers like these chicks.:salute:(not like Hope Solo tho:whoa:)

edit: someone needs to edit rapinoe's face into :umad:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
This is the USA's best right now, sorry to say it.
USA were lucky that Curaçao's play in the final third didn't match their play elsewhere otherwise it would have been another "upset" loss.
Unfortunately, you told the truth. A friend today told me the Panama game was a microcosm of the arrogance of the USSF. You’re not good enough to sit your best and rest them because you know you’re in the quarterfinals. They looked complacent and mediocre. Especially in the second half.

Last edited: