Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
giphy.gif

Those AFTV clips :dead:
Bunch of fukking chavs

Quarquar

Pro
Daps
Kodija has more goals than Zaha at international level. :9 in 19 vs 2 in 13. And a better conversion rate than anyone else in the team :manny: You go with the player who knows how to score goals for the team at this level.

And just looking at the bench apart from Zaha and Cornet I don't really see much else that can change things from what they're already doing. So that is probably another factor as to why they don't both start.

I didn't forget Bony :ld: he is just whatever.

I understand what you are saying from a tactical perspective but did you watch the match? Cote D'ivoire offered almost nothing going forward. Gradel was very poor offensively. Kodija aside from an early header was invisible. Think you have to find a way to make it work getting your most talented players on the pitch. No reason in a crucial continental championship group match a player of Zaha's quality doesn't see the pitch. Granted, the injury to Aurier may have shifted things but I still maintain it is best to find a way to get your most talented players onto the pitch.

F K

All Star
Daps
Rapinoe is not that fast, not that strong but the skills and mentality are elite.Always plays better when the pressure is on, never hides from the ball:wow:.

Not to mention she's a real one.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I understand what you are saying from a tactical perspective but did you watch the match? Cote D'ivoire offered almost nothing going forward. Gradel was very poor offensively. Kodija aside from an early header was invisible. Think you have to find a way to make it work getting your most talented players on the pitch. No reason in a crucial continental championship group match a player of Zaha's quality doesn't see the pitch. Granted, the injury to Aurier may have shifted things but I still maintain it is best to find a way to get your most talented players onto the pitch.

In that heat, you cannot top load your starting team with all the best players. You need to have energy and something off the bench and like I already said, the bench looks bare. Starting all your talented players doesn't automatically mean, they're going to play well.

Even if Zaha started he wouldn't of made much difference because Morocco were still running rings around the midfield and defence. The issue was the midfield being over run, I don't know how Zaha would of helped with that tbh.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Anything over £50 million and it's one of the worst Arsenal signings of the last decade. He'll be 27 in November and he only scored 10 goals (excluding pens) last season.

You have to put that into context. Milivojevic has scored like 10 penalties this month and most of those were won by Zaha. If he took all the penalties he won he would have the same number of goals as Kane. :ld:

Even without those penalties he's not doing too bad for a mid table team

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
All of them just forgot how to pass the ball, this shyts been terrible so far :francis: