Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

What they're leaving out, that Milan asked to be banned, so they can have the FFP put back to 21/22 or 22/23 season. Because the 3 Year period of FFP, 1 or 2 years comes under the Disastrous Chinese ownership and not the current Hedge Fund owners. So they felt it wasn't fair for their ownership of the club falling under the Chinese mistakes in that 3 year window. Otherwise they would have had to hit it for 20/21 season I think. So the ban gives then a 3 year reset I think on the FFP. And the club a 2 year window to get back to the CL. Instead of trying to do it in 1 year, like the season just gone.

They were suppose to be banned last year got it suspended for a couple of years. But as they didn't make CL for this 19/20 season. They asked to take the ban this season, thus leaving them without any Europe, so they can concentration on the league and get CL, while everyone else is scrapping it out in Europe. I.e Inter, Roma, Atalanta and Lazio for 3rd and 4th.

Now it means they can have a smaller squad for next season, instead of the over bloated 2 man for every position + extras. So instead of 25, probably have 19-21 man roster for the upcoming season.

But they probably got to sell Dollarumma (PSG only interested party and trying to low ball offer, due to Leonardo knowing the inner workings of the club, pretty much what Gazidis is doing with Torreira), as he is the only real high value asset they have. Or they keep Dolla and they sell 1 or 2 of Suso, Kessie and potentially Cutrone. But they would still have to be replaced those players.

They had hoped to get CL for 19/20 and sell Andre Silva to Sevilla, but his form flopped as Sevilla flopped in 2019. And they didn't take up the option to buy on the loan. So for now Andre Silva stays unless Mendes wants to take him to Wolves, but I don't think their is a market for him as of yet.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
What's your thoughts on this Lukaku to Inter potential deal breh?

:manny: If they are willing to pay then go for it, a 2 year loan though they can :camby: with that bullshyt.

Hearing they're trying to pay 62 mil for him this time around..hopefully we never do any transfer business with Inter Milan ever again, they tried mugging us off with Perisic :aicmon:

I know he is 28, but we need someone who can do better so if we drop off Lukaku and get Ben Yedder who has a first touch, it would be an upgrade cause Greenwood will be ready in a season or 2, Rashford and Martial are :patrice: we'll have to see what happens in the next few months:francis:

Especially if Pogba goes back to Juventus :stopitslime: "New challenge" C'mon breh :francis:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Anything over £50 million and it's one of the worst Arsenal signings of the last decade. He'll be 27 in November and he only scored 10 goals (excluding pens) last season.

Earlier in the summer, I saw Reiss Nelson name linked to go the other way, in any deal with Zaha. If that were to happen, doesn't make much sense, as Arsenal are still short of actual wingers.

Quarquar

Pro
Daps
@phcitywarrior

Zaha and Cornet on the bench again. Smh. How do you start a Championship player (kodija) who only scored 9 goals in the Championship, as a striker, over a Premier League player (zaha) who had a 10 goal return as a winger. :gucci:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
@phcitywarrior

Zaha and Cornet on the bench again. Smh. How do you start a Championship player (kodija) who only scored 9 goals in the Championship, as a striker, over a Premier League player (zaha) who had a 10 goal return as a winger. :gucci:

I really don't get why they don't have least Zaha on the LW. You can bring Cornet later on for fresh legs and pace.

Even better, run Zaha through the middle with Cornet and Pepe on the wings.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
@phcitywarrior

Kodija is an actual striker, the other 2 arent. While Kodija has played at the lower level, his size and hold up play is better to play off and get the midfield and Pepe involved more. I like Zaha, but he has poor decision making, when to pass and when to go on his runs. And when he does go on his runs, he more often ends up going nowhere and the defence has gotten back into position. Zaha and Cornet are better to bring on vs weary legs.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I really don't get why they don't have least Zaha on the LW. You can bring Cornet later on for fresh legs and pace.

Even better, run Zaha through the middle with Cornet and Pepe on the wings.

Gradel is better defensively. Why you think Big Scam and Woy put Zaha up in a roaming role, because he is awful when he has to track back out wide. Can get away with it vs the weaker countries, but not vs Morocco.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I still think you have Zaha as a false 9. You can bring on Cornet later on.

Kodija has more goals than Zaha at international level. :9 in 19 vs 2 in 13. And a better conversion rate than anyone else in the team :manny: You go with the player who knows how to score goals for the team at this level.

And just looking at the bench apart from Zaha and Cornet I don't really see much else that can change things from what they're already doing. So that is probably another factor as to why they don't both start.

I didn't forget Bony :ld: he is just whatever.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

giphy.gif

Those AFTV clips :dead: