Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
tenor.gif

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
Women football: lowkey Europe is starting to totally dominate the sport (only one non-European team left, even tho a White team: the US). It's impressive: in less than 10 years teams like France, England, Spain, NL have closed the gap with North America and Asia. These countries weren't even pro in the 90's... While the US have thousands of registered players with crazy infrastructures to support women sport.

With the investments being made and the football culture, especially in France and Germany, the USA may still dominate 2 more World Cups then I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even leave their group stages anymore. Americans may still win this one, but that's probably going to be their last. Hope France will out-skill them on Friday.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Nigeria played much better in the 2nd half. Ndidi has been amazing so far. Honestly, Man U should be looking to get him on the cheap. We could probably snag him for less than $50 MM USD, would pair well with Pogba.

Iwobi at the 10 role should be a lock for the rest of the tournament, Mikel really has no place in the starting XI. Musa did his thing like always, he brings that experience and pace on the counter.

I'd like to see Onyekuru get some minutes against Madagascar seeing as we've already qualified for the knockout stages. Onyekuru has the pace, but also the vision and ability to pick out a tight pass. Vision and passing of a no. 10 but with the skills and speed of a 7/11.

I prefer Chukwueze over Moses Simon. Chukwueze is more direct and better skilled on one-v-one situations against a defender. Samuel Kalu should also get some minutes next game.

Igahlo :francis: Dude needed to square the ball for Musa in the first half.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Rohr running Onyekuru as a false 9 against Madagascar then have Chukwueze and Simon/Kalu on the wings.

Akpeyi. :camby:Nuff said.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Women football: lowkey Europe is starting to totally dominate the sport (only one non-European team left, even tho a White team: the US). It's impressive: in less than 10 years teams like France, England, Spain, NL have closed the gap with North America and Asia. These countries weren't even pro in the 90's... While the US have thousands of registered players with crazy infrastructures to support women sport.

With the investments being made and the football culture, especially in France and Germany, the USA may still dominate 2 more World Cups then I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even leave their group stages anymore. Americans may still win this one, but that's probably going to be their last. Hope France will out-skill them on Friday.

Europe started finally taking women's football seriously. It seems to all start with their leagues and club teams. Many of the club teams are working with the men's teams to use the same training grounds a facilities. Will be interesting to see how the US adjusts to Europe taking the sport more serious. From what I've heard the money is better in Europe too when it comes to club play.

I'd love to see Lyon play against one of the best club teams like the Portland Thorns just to see the quality of both teams.

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
that equalizer from zimbabwe was a thing of beauty
that chest off pass and then the deft finish:wow:
:sadcam:we need at least one southern african country to make it through to the next round!!

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Even with money and fame Middle Eastern dudes still have zero game. If he just acted like a normal guy he would have been fine, but he was sliding into those DMs on some weirdo s#it.

The videos he sent are out there on the Internet, but I wouldn’t recommend looking for them :scustbo: