Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They need each other. There’s a reason Messi has been the primary driving force to make this happen. He’s been running himself into the ground to carry Barça, because he’s had to be super human the last few years to win games. He can’t carry that load forever, and he knows Neymar is capable of taking some of the pressure off of his shoulders.

Without Neymar Messi knows he won’t reach the heights that he wants to.

I'm personally disappointed in Neymar, I know money was a factor in the PSG move but the other motivation I felt was to separate himself from Messi and build his own castle. I really thought he could do it too.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I imagine if Neymar signs with Barca, Griez is screwed andleft hanging. He'll either have to beg PSG or run back to Atleti with his tail between his legs.

Neymar swooped in and derailed that man's entire plan.

MSN is probably in their group chat laughing at Griezmann on a daily basis.

giphy.gif

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
I'm personally disappointed in Neymar, I know money was a factor in the PSG move but the other motivation I felt was to separate himself from Messi and build his own castle. I really thought he could do it too.

He's Tyrese in Baby Boy

He basically had carte blanche to do anything he wanted at PSG but couldn't handle that freedom and the responsibility that came with it. Opted to go back to a regime like Barcelona

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
just the stadiums are empty for now

That's the one thing the WC and Euros has over Copa America, AFCON and the rest; the stadium and ambience. Those tournaments fill out stadiums because 1. It's the WC so people show up just for the occasion 2. Europe is a richer and smaller continent with better infrastructure so people can afford the travel. Also helps that the Euros is in summer when people are on holiday.

If Egypt isn't in the AFCON final then I wouldn't be surprised if the stadium is half filled. Even these Copa America matches that don't involve Brazil are mad empty.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I've enjoyed AFCON so far, can't wait to watch more games.

Yep. African football is really developing from a technical standpoint. We just need to improve the mental toughness to see out big games.

That Nigeria vs. Argentina WC match is the prime example of lacking mental fortitude to hold tight until the final whistle.