Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
Beardsley was before EPL breh

Plus he's been cancelled :mjpls:

As for the others.. They were hardly prolific at Liverpool. Same way you wouldn't call Crespo and Sheva two of Chelsea's best strikers ever

Oh word out of the loop on that one :feedme:

Stuff the EPL I just mean in general you take a look at the strikers who have pulled on the jersey it's like a who's who of striking talent, even the guys that didn't get over makes for an interesting read

But it was always kinda :gladbron: seeing them dudes pulling on the jersey, it bugged me out watching Litmanen play for Liverpool after his Barca troubles, I had the :smugfavre: when he touched down and a gang of dudes in the Albert had to give him his due when they saw that dude could actually play.....good fukking times, he was a frail fukker though :mjcry:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Now that pretty much everyone these days is wearing those position trackers/performance recorders that are unfortunately shaped like sports bras ... anyone else notice that no one swaps shirts after a match anymore? :ohhh:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Ta :cheers:

How you gonna forget Beardsley breh, he's probably walking on water as we speak :dwillhuh:

No love for Jari Litmanen and Fernando Morientes I know they came late in their careers but still they were the shyt back in the day :mjcry:

Raul & Morientes were scary :whew:

Only double act that scared me more was Romario & Stoichkov :ohlawd:

Yorke & Cole were sick even if they played up at Castle Greyskull :scusthov:

The fukk happened to two man strike forces :francis:

Auba & Laca :goonie:

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
Auba & Laca :goonie:

Ok, begrudgingly:

giphy.gif

Jamaica couldn't beat El Salvador :deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny:

My pops is fuming right now :mjcry:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Torres was so clinical at Liverpool. The way he'd always score goals with the widest of angles with a defender draped on him was incredible. If he hadn't suffered those injuries towards the end of his Liverpool career we'd talk about his Chelsea years a whole lot differently.

My favorite Torres goal:

My personal fav

I lost my shyt when it went in, Nando brought so much joy and good memories :mjcry: it's a shame how it ended and it broke my heart at the time but I do understand why he felt he had to go just wish he had gave Kenny a chance.
It's the Liverpool way to have GOAT level strikers in every era

Rush
Fowler
Owen
Suarez
Sturridge
Salah
Torres
Mane
Firmino

I don't think anyone matching that
:wow:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Watching this DRC vs Uganda match, I don't understand why they're both allowed to wear heavy red outfits. Surely they have alternates. :why:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Watching this DRC vs Uganda match, I don't understand why they're both allowed to wear heavy red outfits. Surely they have alternates. :why:

BROOOO...every team should have at least a white alternative.

Side note: African football has really improved from a technical standpoint. There's still a lack of a proper no. 10 type player across the continent. We have good defensive and box to box midfielders, but not many creative ones.