Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I wasn't expecting Burundi to put up a fight like that

Even Zim held Egypt to just 1 goal. African soccer is improving.

Notes from this match.
  • Onuachu should not be starting. Only bring him in fo end of game route 1 football type situations. Igahlo is far more mobile. I do feel like Igahlo's finishing is suspect especially after last WC.
  • Mikel should not be playing as a CAM. We looked so much better with Musa on the wing and Iwobi supporting in the 10 role
  • Good work from Chukwueze. I'd like to see more from him. Also would like to see Onyekuru get some runs in.
  • We need to sort out our GK. Akpeyi is a Liability with a capital L
Good first win. We'll start finding our feet as the tourney draws on.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Even Zim held Egypt to just 1 goal. African soccer is improving.

Notes from this match.
  • Onuachu should not be starting. Only bring him in fo end of game route 1 football type situations. Igahlo is far more mobile. I do feel like Igahlo's finishing is suspect especially after last WC.
  • Mikel should not be playing as a CAM. We looked so much better with Musa on the wing and Iwobi supporting in the 10 role
  • Good work from Chukwueze. I'd like to see more from him. Also would like to see Onyekuru get some runs in.
  • We need to sort out our GK. Akpeyi is a Liability with a capital L
Good first win. We'll start finding our feet as the tourney draws on.
That is not anywhere near the team that’s gonna play when we hit the knockouts so I don’t mind fringe players getting a game as long as we pick up the W but Uzoho is the clear number 1 and there’s no need to be messing about when it comes to the keeper, Daniel is a liability and he’s shown this long before today, that was my only real beef with the team selection.