Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
what were they supposed to do though? Score and then just put their head down and walk back up the field? I guess :yeshrug:

Muted celebration. If you watch enough football/soccer you know what that looks like. Mostly hug and high five your teammates, maybe point to the sky or jump and fist pump.

Doing double pirouettes at 9-0 over Thailand would be like an Alabama football player c-walking in the end zone up 73-0 on Savannah State. You'd just be looking at them like :gucci:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
what were they supposed to do though? Score and then just put their head down and walk back up the field? I guess :yeshrug:

High fives and hugs are pretty much the expected etiquette when you’re routing a clearly inferior opponent.

If something like that happened in a men’s game the losing team would have started gooning until either the winning side got the message and calmed down or somebody got seriously f#cked up. Especially if the stars were still out there.

F K

All Star
Daps
Muted celebration. If you watch enough football/soccer you know what that looks like. Mostly hug and high five your teammates, maybe point to the sky or jump and fist pump.

Doing double pirouettes at 9-0 over Thailand would be like an Alabama football player c-walking in the end zone up 73-0 on Savannah State. You'd just be looking at them like :gucci:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

That actually does happen in college football all the time :mjlol:

and in college basketball they put some cac in who is 12th man and when he makes a shot the whole bench is jumping up and down and cheesin.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
That actually does happen in college football all the time :mjlol:

and in college basketball they put some cac in who is 12th man and when he makes a shot the whole bench is jumping up and down and cheesin.

They celebrate because that walk-on cac never gets to play so every basket is a big deal. Rapinoe and Morgan have won a World Cup and Olympic gold, scoring against Thailand is elementary to them.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They celebrate because that walk-on cac never gets to play so every basket is a big deal. Rapinoe and Morgan have won a World Cup and Olympic gold, scoring against Thailand is elementary to them.

Well they put a target on their back because obviously a lot of people weren't liking it :manny:

Maybe somebody will make them pay for it

• Dap
Reactions: F K
Daps
They basically did high-five and hug, though. The last goal with an elaborate celebration was the seventh one, when Rapinoe scored. People getting mad about Morgan counting them out are trying too hard because she wasn't even doing it to anyone but basically herself.

Really, the outrage is because the US is being run by a piece of shyt that everyone hates, so everything the US does on any level will get extra scrutiny and people will take their shots when they can. That's fine, I get it, I would too. But let's be real; if Obama were still in office, the criticism would be milder. The unprofessionalism is being massively overstated.

And I don't want to hear shyt from Brazilian or English or even Canadian commentators because those countries have been exposed as much or almost as much as America has.

F K

All Star
Daps
It was 32-3 in the middle of the 3rd when Hill scored that TD. That's hardly 60 or 70-3.
that game was basically 70-3. that was the infamous game where UM won by 30+ and racked up 300 penalty yards of taunting and personal fouls

202yeah-300x201.jpg

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
They basically did high-five and hug, though. The last goal with an elaborate celebration was the seventh one, when Rapinoe scored. People getting mad about Morgan counting them out are trying too hard because she wasn't even doing it to anyone but basically herself.

Really, the outrage is because the US is being run by a piece of shyt that everyone hates, so everything the US does on any level will get extra scrutiny and people will take their shots when they can. That's fine, I get it, I would too. But let's be real; if Obama were still in office, the criticism would be milder. The unprofessionalism is being massively overstated.

And I don't want to hear shyt from Brazilian or English or even Canadian commentators because those countries have been exposed as much or almost as much as America has.

Nah, they complained about the 2012 Olympic Bball team shooting threes in the last minute when we were up 80 on Nigeria. But I have less problem with that because we did play end of the bench guys for most of that game.

Daps
Nah, they complained about the 2012 Olympic Bball team shooting threes in the last minute when we were up 80 on Nigeria. But I have less problem with that because we did play end of the bench guys for most of that game.

This is a fair point, and I remember this, but it wasn't as sustained and heavy-handed as this criticism is, at least IMO. I think that criticism was much milder.

ROLLTIDE4EVER

Rookie
Daps

Most of these guys are MLS players in mid-season, yet there are fitness issues? :dahell:

He needs to be fired, but there is no legit federation or media to hold him accountable. :francis:

Dude's a clown. His system sux and there won't have time to get it down for perfection with these players. A real manager would do basic formations and counter against superior teams with mainly Late teen-early 20s players, with a strong emphasis on set pieces. Euro-based players over MLS-based ones if I could help it.

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps

Canadians need to get off this fake ass "we're not like those arrogant Americans!" wave they stay riding especially with the way Toronto fans have been acting lately:stopitslime:
Anyways I can't really get that hype for the womens game when the only decent competition consist of only a few countries.