• DRAW

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
so is this proof that tmt doesnt exist and that floyd works for de la hoya?

TMT Stands for the The Money Team, which are Floyd employees and lackies. You must be talking about Mayweather Promotions, which is named on the check? Golden Boy is the promoter of the whole event, but they are hired by "Mayweather Promotions" to do the job. They pay for the upfront costs and receive the revenue generated by the event, then payout the agreed upon purses & other fees. I'm guessing Mayweather Promotions is more of a fighter barn than a big event promoter

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Canelo need to use this exposure and fight another name fighter ala cotto or marvilla and win. He'd keep his box office appeal up and tegu can spin this mayweather fight as a hard fought close fight . Don't go back to fighting bums and tin cans keep elevating
Yup. You're a solid poster outside of Knicks season :skip:
Just fukking with ya, breh. Cosign ur post.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
1235225_10153260089735543_1884341729_n_original.jpg

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: *cracks knuckles*

roy jones known opponents in his prime

bernard hopkins, james toney, virgil hill, mike mccallum - these are the HOF'ers he did fight, 3 of them were technically better than roy but he soundly beat them

now the tier of fighters who were good and notable who he did beat
jorge castro, merqui sosa, jorge vaca, montell griffin, thomas tate, vinnie paz, reggie johnson, eric lucas eric harding, julio cesar gonzalez - - some like tate and johnson were notorious for giving top fighters problems and roy just beat them down
roy does have some of the garbagemen on his record and some of his hbo fights with them that i watched in the late 90s-early 00s from had me like :dahell:..but make no mistake roy was a special talent in his prime and he did beat several great/good/notable fighters..the only fighter he shou light middleweight ld've faced but didnt was darius michalzewski..that stemmed from roy not wanting to fight overseas because of the olympic robbery..so to say his record is only 2 fights better than mikkel kessler is asinine..roy is going down as a great regardless on how his career ended

now the light heavyweight division..first 175 is the one of the oldest divisions in boxing and most notable...now if you said super middle or cruiser for unpopular weight classes then you would have been on the money..and where you got the notion that 175 fighters want to move to those divisions more is beyond me...fighters like bob foster, michael spinks, and virgil hill would be and/or are on any top p4p list...and there were other great fighters like dwight muhammad qawi, eddie mustafa muhammad, matthew saad muhammad, mike mccallum, etc etc..why you mentioned sugar ray leonard ill never know...he won a version of the title and didn't do shyt in that division..the 175 is far from a wasteland...in the 70s, 80s, and early to mid 90s was a marquee division...even outside the championship fights..my 2 and 3 favorite fights of all time after corrales-castillo were a pair of brutal 175 fights - prince charles williams (a notable long time 175 champ) vs merqui sosa 1 and 2.

i believe this is the great rebuttal you were waiting for and like black mamba said "you dont know shyt about boxing"

1. Bernard Hopkins who hadn't quite hit his stride...i gave you that.
2. James Toney - above averag efighter...HOFer??? I gave you that one as well
3. McCallum was old as shyt is technically a light middleweight/middleweight figher abd he was severely past his prime!! Again kinda speaks to the level of competition available to RJJ
4. Virgil Hill - sure he's in the HOF but I would question the level of talent at light heavy weight during the late 90's and onward.

You named 4 fights which is great and all but what I've stated is the level of competition in RJJ division during that time was weak...so naming other fighters he fougth during that time is basically not dispelling my argument.

AS far as your list goes of "great fighters" NO ONE casual or semi-casual would know ANY of those names outside of Michael Spinks who was best known when he moved up to Heavy weight.

LIke you can't believe the shyt your saying right? There's good fighters and champions in every division and they make good and sometime great fights. I could name thoursands of top bantam weight champions and fighers but whose notable who would ranked as a top P4P and who on that list could you say was a feather in a fighters cap when they won. This is the Mikkel Kessler and the Klitscko brothers situation...who was his competition!

When you talk about how good they are and you measure them up against other fighters in other weight classes and the actual competition coming out of other weight classes thats when the light heavyweight division starts paling in comparison. Hell heavy weight is a shadow of it's former self as well but light heavy weight has been this way for quite some time.

You can say what you want, maybe you do more about all these alphabet champions and borderline good fighters from all these weight divisions but sit there with a straight face and say light heavy weight was/is some prominent division (especially when RJJ was fighting) is hyperbole that even a right triangle couldn't face.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4