Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Hate penalties. :scust:

Bring back golden goal.

I hate penalty shoot outs :beli:
Golden goal >>>

You still need something if no goal is scored after a set amount of time. Can't have these folks playing for hours on end.

Brazil has not impressed. France is the only team that has looked unstoppable.

You were saying?

Brazil is solid everywhere though. Probably the best squad depth overall.

Those are the type of teams that make it far in tournaments. France looked good against lesser opponents but I have no faith in Deschamps as coach or players like Mbappe not to fold under pressure.
Not fold under pressure when these dudes are the defending champs :what:

World Cup really doesn’t need to be expanded to 48 teams :hubie:

This is a perfect example of why expanding to more teams would be awful.

I disagree here. Vehemently. Even in a 16-team WC there were these types of blowouts. I mean Brazil got hit 7-1 in a SEMI-FINAL in their backyard.

UEFA got 13/32 slots. Need to reallocate if anything. If not just call the WC a Euros with Argentina and Brazil.

So Spain vs Portugal

Lol, you sure breh....we know how Spain performed at the 2018 WC, death by 1000 passes but don't do anything with it. Suisse are a very experienced and well-drilled team, won't be easy for Portugal.

I just want one last shock, Morocco or Switzerland need to pull something out of the bag:sadcam:
i don't think Switzerland beating Portugal is a shock tbh. They dumped France in the last Euros.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's not just Neymar and you know that :comeon:

Vini Jr is one of the few as you mentioned. Many Black/mixed Brazilian soccer players throughout history have been know for being :mjpls:

Son what you know about Reinaldo (old-school player from the 70s who was told by Operation Condor itself during the 78 World Cup to stop that shyt after throwing up the Black Power fist and was banned from the 82 edition for the same reason)? Or Paulo Cezar Caju who was on the same type of time and gets done dirty by the media til this day. Serginho Chulapa who used to wait until the game was over to go on the stands and beat the shyt out of whomever was yelling slurs at him. Wladimir who was one of the main cats in his club leading the movement against the military dictatorship. Dario Alegria who came from a quilombo and helped map the quilombos in his state so they could have public policies drawn up for them. The elite silences cats like these while propping up dudes like Neymar cause it's convenient, that's why it's easy to believe Brazilian players some special brand of c00ns. Every country is gonna have its real ones and its sellouts.

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
That's part of the draw. Gotta come with a FULL squad. If Croatia can get to the 2018 final playing pens or extra time in EVERY knockout match, no one else has any excuse. Croatia played a EXTRA 3/4ths a match getting to the final.

But you really looking forward to France vs. Isle of Man...sure.

Y'all keep saying this but ask yourself, would the Isle of Man actually even qualify?

An expanded WC would just mean a R32 as the first KO rd. Essentially, the 32 teams that started this tournament would be in the KOs.

The 'smaller' nations wouldn't even make it out of the group and I think y'all overestimating how many "weak footballing nations would qualify", it wouldn't mainly benefit good nations that didn't qualify because of allocations.

an additional 4 from CAF: Nigeria, Algeria, Egypt, DRC
an additional 3 from UEFA: Italy, Sweden, Norway

That's 7/16 solid nations already

Last edited: