The Official FIFA World Cup Thread - QATAR 2022

WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I don't. The path to greatness partly stems on what you can do with the trash around you.
That doesn’t make sense, so Brady, MJ, Kobe and them aren’t great cause they had great players around them?

The important thing is to be the difference maker. Dude provided like 7 10/10 assists which resulted in nothing.

It’s like a QB throwing a perfect 50 yarder and the receiver has Kwame B hands…

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
1. Fire Berhalter

2. Hire Roberto Martinez. Not a dazzling choice, but the most obvious. Yes Belgium just crashed out under his watch but that was destined to happen since 1) that team was old and 2) they showed why no national team manager should coach longer than 1 WC cycle. He picked woefully out-of-form players like Hazard and Lukaku simply because they were great in 2018.

3. Recruit Folarin Balogun to the USMNT. That's your starting striker in 2026.

4. Move heaven and earth to make sure USA are invited to the 2024 Copa America.
Man created a dream scenario in which he hires Roberto Martinez
phil5.png

That's like dreaming about fukking Lizzo
Webp-net-resizeimage-7.png

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That doesn’t make sense, so Brady, MJ, Kobe and them aren’t great cause they had great players around them?

The important thing is to be the difference maker. Dude provided like 7 10/10 assists which resulted in nothing.
I said partly. Great players tend to inspire average ones and mould great teams. Not everyone gets the pick of the litter like the players you mentioned. Greats get it done regardless (see Maradona 86).

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nope we need a foreign coach ... Pochettino would be great for this team
You already had a foreign coach. It's good when there is winning but the knives come out when there is failure.

You guys need someone competent, who will be given a chance to build a team

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
I said partly. Great players tend to inspire average ones and mould great teams. Not everyone gets the pick of the litter like the players you mentioned. Greats get it done regardless (see Maradona 86).

to be fair Argentina 86 was a very good team. Maradona elevated it sure but that team relatively is much better than any Argentina squad Messi had.

jmg30

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's some YouTubers that follow the usmnt that want Roberto Martínez... I don't know why they want that if having the opportunity to get Pochettino I'm taking my chances with him... Their is no USA coach that's ready... Jesse marsch want to stay in club football. So no the us team requieres a foreign coach no American is ready it shows in their tactics and selection of players. ..

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Maradona 86 is a special one, but back in the days football wasn’t as international. Hard to say that a player wasn’t a star if he played in Boca for example.

Nowadays all the great players are in the biggest CL clubs. Back then, you could have a great player in Boca or River. Most teams were filled with local players. So Argentina was one of the best teams.

But of course, like Bale with Wales. Messi been carrying this team, even with big names on the team. So I also blame the coach. But the biggest problem has been the midfield.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
to be fair Argentina 86 was a very good team. Maradona elevated it sure but that team relatively is much better than any Argentina squad Messi had.
That 86' squad was famously slightly above average (like a lot of Messi's teams). It's why Argentinians love them so much more than the 78' squad. It was a bunch of dogs that would've went to hell with Diego as their leader and Bilardo's coaching.

It's actually kinda similar to this current squad. There's a whole mystique around Escaloni -they call this team "La Escaloneta"- and Argentinians love them because there's players that aren't world class but leave their heart out there for this team (De Paul, Acuña, Romero, Lautaro and Martínez, to name a few) and they will literally do anything to get Messi a World Cup because they all idolize him. It's a stark contrast to previous squads that were kinda afraid of Messi and just wanted to give him the ball and stay out of his way (plus had other big egos to deal with like Mascherano's).

Last edited: