The Official FIFA World Cup Thread - QATAR 2022

WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Nah. Is this really any better than 2010 and 2014? 2010 topped a group with England. 2014 qualified in a group with Ghana, Germany and Portugal. Both Bradley and Klinnsman were fired within 2 years.

This team has high expectations and fans hate Egg head. We only scored 2 non fluke goals the whole tourney. He might make it a few months but the first time we lose 2-0 to Costa Rica or Panama he gone.
Which a why I see him out after the Gold Cup next summer. You got a team that consists of players who can start on most of the clubs in the top leagues in Europe… it’s time for a coach who knows how to beat these higher ranking teams and knowing the fact it doesn’t get any easier with 48 teams now in the World Cup in 2026

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
With all the disappointment, room for optimism especially with some of the squad playing in major European leagues (Adams, Weah, Musah, Robinson, Reyna). As we see more of US talent playing overseas at a young age, the trajectory is up and growth is there. I know there is this effort in the US to strengthen the domestic league and make the MLS viable and popular but the best football at club level is being played in Europe and that should be the target for young American talent.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The Dutch are just a better team. It's that simple. They are clinical, they punish you when chances present themselves and their defense is fukking insane. Elite.
Yeah they’ve been quietly crushing teams for a year now. I don’t know where the narrative was that they are a faded power came from. If you’re a fan of soccer you got to like their style. Reminded me of an anime fight where the hero is throwing everything he has at the villain and the villains only been fighting at 1%.

Also dominating midfield play only goes so far. Mexican fans always talk about how much possession they have and always lose. The US can’t fall into that trap. We aren’t Spain, we ain’t tiki Taka our way through tourneys. At this level you have to be clinical because youll only get 3-4 chances a game.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
He prefers managing club football, too. Can't be our only option.

There are thoughtful young tactical managers in MLS, but you can only get so far tactically coaching here. We need to send managers to Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands, the English Championship.
It's a money issue.

Coach gets an offer from MLS for $275,000 compared to an offer from Belgium making $75,000 and as soon as you don't finish in the top half/champions league spot you're out.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Yeah they’ve been quietly crushing teams for a year now. I don’t know where the narrative was that they are a faded power came from. If you’re a fan of soccer you got to like their style. Reminded me of an anime fight where the hero is throwing everything he has at the villain and the villains only been fighting at 1%.

Also dominating midfield play only goes so far. Mexican fans always talk about how much possession they have and always lose. The US can’t fall into that trap. We aren’t Spain, we ain’t tiki Taka our way through tourneys. At this level you have to be clinical because youll only get 3-4 chances a game.
American midfield passes well and Dest dribbles well but the defenders can't pass outside of Ream and the 9 is just useless for the Nats

Daps
Reppin
NYC
With all the disappointment, room for optimism especially with some of the squad playing in major European leagues (Adams, Weah, Musah, Robinson, Reyna). As we see more of US talent playing overseas at a young age, the trajectory is up and growth is there. I know there is this effort in the US to strengthen the domestic league and make the MLS viable and popular but the best football at club level is being played in Europe and that should be the target for young American talent.
The biggest difference is years ago USA players would go over to Europe at 25-28 years old, now they're coming up through academies at 17-20 years old.
The improvement and growth is there for sure.

jaydolf spitler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
It’s just jokes. :skip:
I understand it's just jokes but the coverage all tourney was they want to be taken seriously.

U start chanting some arrogant stuff like that ur just motivating the other team that much more every game

Also they didn't qualify for last world cup while entering every interview saying they weren't worried about qualifying they had it in the bag.

I just think a bit of humility would go a long way for this team. There's some good talent there but without the right culture, what are they doing?

Daps
CONCACAF is ass, though. US is going to continue to be a sleeping giant because of USSF. Canada ain't shyt and will be back to finishing below Belize as soon as Davies retires from international play. Mexico is cooked because they have zero athletes on deck for their national team and FMF is a bigger joke than the USSF, the place is a fraud footballing country of the highest order.

Costa Rica punching above it's weight is great, but I look at the AFC and CAF and realize that CONCACAF is total trash

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
lol all that bravado and they stayed 2 more days than us :mjlol:

hbk-shawn.gif

They were talking a gang of shyt :mjlol:

Moral victory ass nikkas