• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
facts

i told my friend that it is as simple as this:

some people rise up under pressure, and some people crumble.

Ghana Crumbled. Suarez rose.

Team had no focus, no heart
fukk Suarez and that buck toothed bite breath horse he rode in on.

Hope he packed a multicoloured sweater and gets imprisoned

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Capture3.png

Crazy that Netherlands/USA might end up the match of the R16. The rest look somewhat straightforward with Brazil facing Korea and probably Switzerland against Portugal.

If USA beat Holland, Arg/USA might crack all sorts of viewership records.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
i dont understand football that well but damn these games have been amazing.

And it's only been the group stages :wow:

Might as well be the knockouts with the tension, fukkery and everything on the line. Might be selective memory but I don't recall so many of these type of games at previous WCs

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
I'm really happy for Japan and Korea. Those teams are looked at as throw away teams. And now Uruguay out, Germany out, Mexico out, Belgium out, Serbia could go out if they lose or draw.

Again, these European/S.American teams be throwing themselves to the ground looking for it, not pushing for the entire game. And these Asian teams are using great subs, and great counter attacking. Only 4 powerhouse teams remain. Brazil, England, France and Spain. In terms of on the field, we can't ask for a more exciting tournament so far. What a group stage.

I recall you talking earlier in the thread about footballing heritage(or something to that effect) in those nations. Since they both hosted they've been taking their development very seriously. Especially the Japanese. They're both getting more and more technically sharp as time passes, and they will continue to improve.

And with that said, while I'm loving how the "underdog" teams have been winning games unexpectedly...the truth is that a lot of these Euro teams/players are simply tired from having just left their league teams a week or two ago. That alone is going to have their federations fight to never have this November-scheduled WC ever happen again.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm actually talking about this in another group chat. The actual on-the-pitch play of African football is about neck and neck with UEFA and CONMEBOL, the issue is coaching and management need to catch up. With int'l ball, it's better to find patterns/philosophies of play and then fold players into that system.
This is where the weakness in domestic football in West Africa hurts. North Africans have quality local candidates who manage professional club teams ( see: Ragragui who won African CL last year) but no such equivalent yet in West Africa. Just need to hope potential candidates can develop over time or through club football exposure in Europe.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
the next worldccup has like 48 teams so Ghana should get in no problem

we will have to rely on the muslim / hausa mans to develop for the next world cup, and will have to get a real manager:

Kudus
Sulemana
Partey
Salisu
Issahaku

all Muslim i believe

I need jamaica to make it again :to:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Crazy that Netherlands/USA might end up the match of the R16. The rest look somewhat straightforward with Brazil facing Korea and probably Switzerland against Portugal.

If USA beat Holland, Arg/USA might crack all sorts of viewership records.
For the historians, need that eng/France, port/Spain quarters:ohlawd:

Senegal might have a word with Eng though:ufdup:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I recall you talking earlier in the thread about footballing heritage(or something to that effect) in those nations. Since they both hosted they've been taking their development very seriously. Especially the Japanese. They're both getting more and more technically sharp as time passes, and they will continue to improve.

And with that said, while I'm loving how the "underdog" teams have been winning games unexpectedly...the truth is that a lot of these Euro teams/players are simply tired from having just left their league teams a week or two ago. That alone is going to have their federations fight to never have this November-scheduled WC ever happen again.

I think that's a cop out though. Many of these players PLAY in Europe too.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
For the historians, need that eng/France, port/Spain quarters:ohlawd:

Senegal might have a word with Eng though:ufdup:

Breh, there's a POSSIBILITY that we could see, in ONE TOURNAMENT.

ENG/FRA
ESP/POR
BRA/ARG

And because of brackets. The longshot potential of Argentina v. Portugal in the fukking world cup final. COULD YOU IMAGINE?! :damn: