nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
i guess im going blind
1250f7wfxc3a1.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is kinda off topic but why do so many African teams have "Lions" in their name. I understand that they're prevalent on the continent but damn :gucci:
You trying to strike fear into the opponent. You can't do that as an aardvark or mandrill. Aint no one trying to be no damn water buffalo either.

h5eyQFe_d.webp

Daps
College at least in regards to soccer and the limitations it places on athletes in terms of training time isn’t as good as the European academy system. We see that with the men who nearly to a man come out of academies and not the NCAA. All title 9 did was give US women a head start largely because of cultural sexism towards sports that didnt exist in the USA.

Now European clubs have womens team attached to them and instead of playing soccer in the US the European women are staying home and able to take full advantage of the academy system. As to why recently the USWMNT has been getting its ass kicked.

The MLS would be served by taking the initial financial hit by establishing academies in the hood, and then see a return on investment once they are able to sell the players later on. But even if Mens soccer remains a regional and suburban sport in America it’s still in a healthier and long term sustainable place than the Women relying on the NCAA. Pulisic after all earns more in a year than the majority of women players will see in their lives.
Good points.

US Women dominate because our country is simply less sexist when it comes to athletics so our girls had a HUGE jump on the rest of the world.

As the rest of the world starts investing into women's soccer, the gap is going to narrow significantly.

It reminds me of U.S. Basketball (men).
1992 Dream Team was so damn good that they didn't need much prep time. That approach worked in 1996 and 2000 but the world caught up by '04. We still had the most talent but couldn't just roll out of bed and compete anymore.

The USWNT may have a two-fold issue. There's no guarantee we're inherently more talented once the other women catch up. On top of that, other countries will begin training the girls under nationalized programs at an early age....have a Starting XI that's been together since middle school.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
This is kinda off topic but why do so many African teams have "Lions" in their name. I understand that they're prevalent on the continent but damn :gucci:
At least they have lions in the wild so their nicknames are legit. Now if we compare to the UK between the English 3 Lions and the Welsh Dragons :patrice:

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
What the fukk happened today. Idk. But my team Ghana plays tomorrow.

I was thinking Spain did a strategic loss but it doesn't make sense. It's very likely that Brazil will also be on the same side of the bracket,! So France, England, Spain and potentially Brazil on the same side of the bracket......

What the fukk.

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
What the fukk happened today. Idk. But my team Ghana plays tomorrow.

I was thinking Spain did a strategic loss but it doesn't make sense. It's very likely that Brazil will also be on the same side of the bracket,! So France, England, Spain and potentially Brazil on the same side of the bracket......

What the fukk.

Brazil will be on the same side as Argentina if they top their group. But if they crazily come 2nd then Messi gonna be like

AXwi.gif