The Official FIFA World Cup Thread - QATAR 2022

WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

If the US women don’t reinvest that money into women soccer academies and are instead pocketing that money they won’t be winning anymore world cups. Theyve been getting their ass beat recently and if they aren’t dominate their hoes the allure that makes them money in the first place.

Not to be pedantic. But the US doesn't NEED to do that for the Women's game. Title 9 has been so successful, that a girl coming out of high school has an incredibly competitive D1 college circuit, or the option to fly over to Europe.
The men's game simply ain't at the same level. The issue is the game isn't promoted in the hood. Flatout. If the USSF wanted to be truly next level, they'd be setting up both men's and women's academies in NYC (proper), Chicago and the South.
Basketball and Football have a chokehold on the underclass still.

More infrastructure is good but girls are already playing the sport at a young age here, and with structure.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Did Gnabry really need to have the same hair style as Sané :beli:

Anyway, Sané really bring creativity to Germany, they really missed him and it was obvious how much he improved that team once he got subbed in against Spain.

I hope he scores this WC. With him fit, I think Germany can be seen as contenders as well. Just not favorites because they lack a 9.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
SofaScore says 5 big chances, 5 big chances missed. I kid you not, they all fell to him.

I couldn’t believe what I was watching

Mertens miss at 1:00
Header at 3:40...tough angle. not a bad miss
Hit the post at 4:15...shyt happens. it was a tough angle and lots of traffic in the box
4:50...not sure what he was trying but the ball came in pretty fast
5:15...this is what i saw live. Couldnt believe it

were there other chances that were not in the highlights

it wasnt THAAAAAAAAAAAAT bad

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The last one is the most amazing because it hits him square in the thigh, he could have just nudged it in by moving his leg slightly forward, and he just let it drop and watched it dribble toward the keeper.
that was the one i couldnt believe. it was very bad

hitting the post is tough and happens. anybody whos played or watched soccer knows that lol.

then there was the one he tried to flick that was odd...but you wouldnt necessarily expect that to go in a lot. It was like he was asleep or it came in too fast

i think Mertens had the 2nd worst miss