• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
CAF and CONMEBOL are under-represented in the tournament.

Hate to say it, but CONCACAF is the opposite, along with the AFC (though Qatar hosting is the reason for the sixth rep, right?).

Brah, I’ve been saying the same. Unless they reallocate spots for the WC I’m fine with expansion.

UEFA should lose 2 spots to CAF. AFC a half spot for CONMEBOL and CONCACAF another spot for CAF playoffs.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
CAF and CONMEBOL are under-represented in the tournament.

Hate to say it, but CONCACAF is the opposite, along with the AFC (though Qatar hosting is the reason for the sixth rep, right?).

On another semi-joking note, UEFA should have just given Italy Belgium's or Wales's spot. Can't have the Euros winners sitting at home while the luck of the draw in WCQs ends up sending scrub squads.
fukk Italy :mjlol:

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
@Box Factory why aren't you in here defending your boys. :dahell:

You had all the smoke a month ago, you even had me convinced they were going to the finals.
Oh I was at my job working

I didn't have you convinced of anything. You got upset because I mentioned that Canada ran through CONCACAF, and beat Mexico and the USA

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Belgium’s “Golden” Generation.

2014 WC - QFs
2016 Euros - QFs
2018 WC - 3rd Place
2020 Euros - QFs
2022 WC - Group Stage

2016 and 2018 were their best shots at a title. Losing to Wales in the Euros was a shock. The loss to France in the semi’s was tight.

Daps
Martinez is a very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, BAD coach, I can't emphasize that enough.

But it shows how far you can get in life being a snake oil salesman with a good mouth piece on you.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Already the best World Cup in CAF history.

Most wins in CAF history.

Second time two CAF teams in Round of 16, with a real chance it will be three for the first time. Four if we get a miracle Cameroon win.

Every single CAF rep had at least one positive result.

To @phcitywarrior point, Africa wouldnt embarrass itself in an expanded World Cup. Egypt, CIV, Burkina Faso, Algeria all could easily get similar results if they qualified.

Daps
Already the best World Cup in CAF history.

Most wins in CAF history.

Second time two CAF teams in Round of 16, with a real chance it will be three for the first time. Four if we get a miracle Cameroon win.

Every single CAF rep had at least one positive result.

To @phcitywarrior point, Africa wouldnt embarrass itself in an expanded World Cup. Egypt, CIV, Burkina Faso, Algeria all could easily get similar results if they qualified.
Time for an African team to reach the semi's or finals. I think its possible in this World Cup as there are no world beaters.

No point celebrating round of 16 and quarter-finals appearances anymore.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
Oh I was at my job working

I didn't have you convinced of anything. You got upset because I mentioned that Canada ran through CONCACAF, and beat Mexico and the USA
AND...... you were saying the FIFA ranking was outdated trash and wasn't a honest representation of the Canadian team :mjlol:

Daps
Egypt was tough to watch in AFCON, but yeah, they are defensively compact and would be the type of squad to grind out draws against better clubs and 1-0 worse clubs in this type of setting.

It's pretty exciting how CAF is getting better. I can't remember if I posted here that I thought Senegal was a dark horse contender in this WC (months ago, before Mane got hurt and all that), and maybe that was a bit too much hype for CAF on my part, but it feels like these African squads are getting closer and closer in talent and tactics to making a run to the finals or winning it all one of these cups.