The Official FIFA World Cup Thread - QATAR 2022

WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I meant moreso his baby died and the thing he thought he could control, football, he's lost as well...
But okay
He came in to this wc as the 2nd best player of his era, and is leaving as...the 2nd best player of his era. Not really a loss of legacy, at least I'm not seeing it
Beyond the fact that he NEVER saw himself as the second best player of his era and insulated himself with people who strengthened that illusion.

The behaviour that was excused in the past because he was a winner doesn't apply now. He has taken a hit.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i know they are ethnically beber but I don't know man, culturally, they heavily identify as arabs
Depends on the region of Morocco, Riff and rural regions have a very strong Amazigh identify and a lot of migrants in Europe descend from that part of Morocco. Many of them will say they aren’t Arab. Urban centres are more likely to identity as Arab. But it is very much a cultural debate/ issue of division in their country.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the west african versions of hakimi are playing for england and france.
That’s a question, when will see other African NTs be able to win over talents that can represent their birth country as well?

The Dutch also wanted to call up Mazroui and Ziyech.

Even Algeria hasn’t had as much success as convincing the most promising talents like Morocco has. Lost out on Nabil Fekir years ago for example.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Some younger North Africans especially those that grew up outside of North Africa will claim "African".

But and by large most North Africans identify as "Arab", "Muslim", Berber/Amazigh, their ethnicity/nationality - which is all fine. Only a few will also say "African".

Some people doing revisionist history in here. Also, wasn't there a video from last year of Moroccan authorities abusing Black African migrants?

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Africa gonna claim them Moroccans

They’re a CAF team

Fox crew sounds so blown :laff:

Well like i said from a strictly soccer/sports perspective what Morocco is doing amazing. So to see Africans rally behind them against these cac countries isn't the worst thing in the world. But i feel it's fair to acknowledge the recent history, the 2015 African Cup debacle was very eye opening.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The good news for Portugal is that it looks like they are on the brink of a golden generation themselves.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Overlooked that a significant part of the team was bred in Morocco through their academies and clubs.

En Nesryi who scored the goal went through their top football academy.

Keeper Bounou also went through domestic system before going to Europe.

Attiat Allah still plays in Morocco. Dari and Yamiq in backline today same thing. Manager did a great job mixing between diaspora and locally bred.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Overlooked that a significant part of the team was bred in Morocco through their academies and clubs.

En Nesryi who scored the goal went through their top football academy.

Keeper Bounou also went through domestic system before going to Europe.

Attiat Allah still plays in Morocco. Dari and Yamiq in backie today same thing. Manager did a great job mixing between diaspora and locally bred.

All the way :blessed: