The Official FIFA World Cup Thread - QATAR 2022

WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
I was thinking, outside of American sports I haven't seen a player take a hit like this on his legacy in a while.

He lost a child. And as on the pitch and everything else in his life, he doesn't deal well with loss. AT ALL. Think about it, his whole life is engineered towards some imaginary perfection. It's no surprise he's OCD about things being out of place or going off the rails.

That level of dedication always comes with a cost.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
actually, most media and people are titling Morocco as the "first african nation....."

haven't heard anyone use the phrase, first arab nation. they may see themselves as arabs but most people are seeing this as an african feat.

not that I claim them

I mean technically they are in CAF so yea, an African team.

Majority of Moroccans claim African in my experience. A good number also identify as Arab but it’s a dual identity. On the other hand a significant minority identify as Amazigh (Berber) only and African, rather than Arab.

In any case, without a doubt an African football victory. Managed by a local coach who was competing in African Champions League just a month ago and they represent CAF.

All of this. CAF is African, all of this.
Didn’t Etoo have them in the final? :lupe:
Yep, Morocco and Cameroon. And people said he was smoking dope on reddit.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Morocco wasn’t even in the AU for 33 years until 5 years ago stop fronting about Moroccans claiming African. A lot of North Africans don’t claim african

paperbag

Death to the demoness Allegra Geller
Daps
I was thinking, outside of American sports I haven't seen a player take a hit like this on his legacy in a while.
I meant moreso his baby died and the thing he thought he could control, football, he's lost as well...
But okay
He came in to this wc as the 2nd best player of his era, and is leaving as...the 2nd best player of his era. Not really a loss of legacy, at least I'm not seeing it

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
actually, most media and people are titling Morocco as the "first african nation....."

haven't heard anyone use the phrase, first arab nation. they may see themselves as arabs but most people are seeing this as an african feat.

not that I claim them
Moroccans don't see themselves as Arab. They are mostly Berbers.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Majority of Moroccans claim African in my experience. A good number also identify as Arab but it’s a dual identity. On the other hand a significant minority identify as Amazigh (Berber) only and African, rather than Arab.

In any case, without a doubt an African football victory. Managed by a local coach who was competing in African Champions League just a month ago and they represent CAF.

Its Libya and Egypt on that :mjpls:

and to a lesser extent algeria :patrice: