The Official Fargo on FX Thread

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
@flyry

I'm 7 eps in. I imagine these eps with all the violence and absurd plot twists like a man already under drug induced duress (lol) and years into his religious awakening (from finding Steve Bushemis ice scraper lol) decides to pay it forward and make amends for the pig blood shower and swarm of crickets by burying his current ransom back in roughly the same area as his seed money for the empire he eventually builds (and now loses....from crickets lol) before happening across the wreckage of his enforcer and sons vehicle from a frog, ahem, FISH storm, are the reason so many people like the show? Ya know, gun fights, duct tape etc.

:mjlol:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finished it.
Loved it.

Now I'm not sure what to do.

I think Ray Donovan starts again tonight, but besides that, I don't know what other shows to catch up on.

Saw:

The Wire
Breaking Bad
Fargo
Ray Donovan (season 1)
House of Cards
Sons of Anarchy
The Walking Dead
Homeland

I only saw Season 1 of Game of Thrones but I really don't feel like watching that...even though it is a great show.

What else is there?

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Finished it.
Loved it.

I think Ray Donovan starts again tonight, but besides that, I don't know what other shows to catch up on.

Saw:

The Wire
Breaking Bad
Fargo
Ray Donovan (season 1)
House of Cards
Sons of Anarchy
The Walking Dead
Homeland

I only saw Season 1 of Game of Thrones but I really don't feel like watching that...even though it is a great show.

What else is there?

Utopia, you can finish that in a week, it is only 6 episodes. It is british.

Daps
Finished it.
Loved it.

Saw:

The Wire
Breaking Bad
Fargo
Ray Donovan (season 1)
House of Cards
Sons of Anarchy
The Walking Dead
Homeland

What else is there?

The Sopranos, bruh.

The Wire, Sopranos, and Breaking Bad seem to be the Holy Trinity of this golden era.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Sopranos, bruh.

The Wire, Sopranos, and Breaking Bad seem to be the Holy Trinity of this golden era.
I remember years ago I saw the 1st two seasons of The Sopranos.
And never saw it again (I didn't have HBO).

I feel like that ship has sailed. But I might give it a shot.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I remember years ago I saw the 1st two seasons of The Sopranos.
And never saw it again (I didn't have HBO).

I feel like that ship has sailed. But I might give it a shot.

"Utopia".

Fred.

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Finished it.
Loved it.

Saw:

The Wire
Breaking Bad
Fargo
Ray Donovan (season 1)
House of Cards
Sons of Anarchy
The Walking Dead
Homeland

What else is there?
Hannibal!!

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Dah!
I think that might be it.

I'm a huge fan of Mads Mikkelsen. I watch a lot of his foreign movies.

Not sure how good it is, given that it's on broadcast tv.

:patrice:

Mads Mikkelsen is Hannibal. He stole the role clean out from under Anthony Hopkins. Not saying Hopkins couldn't elevate Hannibal to the same level, with the same amount of screen time, but he only had 3 movies and Mikkelsen has had two full seasons to float all over the screen and hand Ls to everyone that opposes him.

His Hannibal is like a cross between The Joker and Gustavo Fring.

I will get the most common criticism out of the way: the show is a bit slow and/or overly formulaic for the first half of season 1. But even then, the "murder tableauxs" are insane and the cinematography is great.

Now to the good part: the back half of season 1 and the entirety of season 2 are incredible. And the season 2 finale is my #1 episode of TV this year so far.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Having said that, @Raul watch "Utopia" first. It's only 6 episodes.

Fred.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Walt I normally fukks with your posts, but right now your Cohen Bros stanning towards this show is :patrice:

We can agree to disagree, that's cool. I stand by everything I said about the show - it's an amalgam of nearly every quality I find insufferable in modern films and television, and it's mediocre fan fiction. As far as the Coen brothers I'm far from a stan. They're completely hit or miss for me. Some of their films are self-indulgent garbage, and I can usually tell just from the preview whether a Coen brothers movie is going to be worthwhile. But when they hit, they really hit, and for that reason I can easily forgive their missteps.