The Official Fargo on FX Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:to:

I still haven't started on The Americans... but I have Amazon Instant Video and Netflix so I'll be good whenever I do

:myman:

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cmon bruh there's enough violence and brutality on TV these days.. hell even hannibal on network tv makes me kinda squeamish sometimes.. couldn't imagine that shyt on cable.

It was dope because it was different like @GoldenGlove says..regardless of it it was budget or whatever
I have no problems with you (or anyone else) disagreeing with my preference, however the argument of "there's enough violence and brutality on TV..." falls flat in gallant fashion. Especially with a show like this. If that's how you truly feel, why are you watching this show and others in this genre?

Did you like the cinematography or was the lack of violence more appealing? At first it was "that was really dope to me how they filmed that shootout..like how they would have done it in the 50s.. hitchcock-ish" to "there's too much violence on TV" when this is the same show whose first episode had a woman get killed to death with a hammer and a cop spectacularly blown away with a shotgun. You didn't have an aversion to the way that what filmed or express feelings that they should go a different route at that time. Why not? What about when Dennis got murdered in the house while bound up? Any problems with that?

Bringing up Hannibal isn't a good argument either. Hannibal, at it's core, is violence. The show is about a cannibal with a flair for art and its beauty. If that show wasn't "violent" and "brutal", no one would talk about other than to call it a huge diversion from the source material and it's essence. That's just a very short sighted view to debate from when you're putting an opinion of violence's current artistic portrayal across an entire medium against me saying "I would have preferred to see people get shot".

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I have no problems with you (or anyone else) disagreeing with my preference, however the argument of "there's enough violence and brutality on TV..." falls flat in gallant fashion. Especially with a show like this. If that's how you truly feel, why are you watching this show and others in this genre?

Did you like the cinematography or was the lack of violence more appealing? At first it was "that was really dope to me how they filmed that shootout..like how they would have done it in the 50s.. hitchcock-ish" to "there's too much violence on TV" when this is the same show whose first episode had a woman get killed to death with a hammer and a cop spectacularly blown away with a shotgun. You didn't have an aversion to the way that what filmed or express feelings that they should go a different route at that time. Why not? What about when Dennis got murdered in the house while bound up? Any problems with that?

Bringing up Hannibal isn't a good argument either. Hannibal, at it's core, is violence. The show is about a cannibal with a flair for art and its beauty. If that show wasn't "violent" and "brutal", no one would talk about other than to call it a huge diversion from the source material and it's essence. That's just a very short sighted view to debate from when you're putting an opinion of violence's current artistic portrayal across an entire medium against me saying "I would have preferred to see people get shot".
i enjoyed the scene for the cinematography.. it was dope and different than the more direct scenes of violence that we've been seeing since the 80s or so. so yes the cinematography is why i liked the scene, it was better than seeing him gun down a dozen guys IMO. ..though i have nothing against violence

but every other show on Tv is about serial killing.. you should get enough of that violence if you watch TV instead of thirsting for more on fargo..(though yes i do realize a woman got bludgeoned to death with a hammer in the premiere, and a guy got his throat slashed 2 episodes ago, but still)

Last edited:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Yeah that was really great camera work.

Nobody mentioned Key and Peele? I was like :dahell:tha fukk? When I saw them, I thought it was some weird inside Comedy Central cross promotion bullshyt. As FBI agents? :mjlol:

At this point I don't care if Lester gets away, but Malvo mannnn that nikka moving all over the place without a care in the world. Too many bodies now on him.

That guy that plays Lester is a really great actor.
breh, i thouight it was a commercial for a new season then malvo walked past
lmaooo

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i enjoyed the scene for the cinematography.. it was dope and different than the more direct scenes of violence that we've been seeing since the 80s or so. so yes the cinematography is why i liked the scene, it was better than seeing him gun down a dozen guys IMO. ..though i have nothing against violence

but every other show on Tv is about serial killing.. you should get enough of that violence if you watch TV instead of thirsting for more on fargo..(though yes i do realize a woman got bludgeoned to death with a hammer in the premiere, and a guy got his throat slashed 2 episodes ago, but still)
You are taking your stance on another topic to debate this one and you are not making a valid case for either. You just said that "there's too much violence on TV" even going to so far as to say Hannibal's violence made you "squeamish" but in direct contradiction, you state in the above quote "...i have nothing against violence" . Which one is it? You seem to want your gâteau and to eat it as well.

Although every show is not about serial killing, I acknowledge that many shows have a violent/ killing aspect to them. That's something different altogether. I also will never understand why people on this board consistently debate based on perception and assumption rather than the text that is plainly written. You cannot tell me to get my violence elsewhere in the stead of a show that consistently displays violence because there are other shows with violence. That's not logical. If I watched a comedy, would you tell me to get my laughs from a different one?

That's like me going to a food establishment known for hamburgers and ordering one. I get the burger, eat it and realize that it wasn't as good as I had hoped. Upon hearing from other people that really liked it, I voice my displeasure. You then tell me that I should be cool with my substandard experience because there are plenty of other places where I can eat a burger if I'm a burger eater. Do you not see how faulty that line of thought is? There is no "but still" where you could have easily just said "I disagree" and left it alone instead of conflating my opinion with one of your own pertaining to a different topic.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm sure they could have showed us Malvo giving out that work in that building but they just chose not to.

It's not the first time a story from the Coen's has played out that way (I know they're not specifically behind everything for this show, I'm just saying). Yes this show has been ultra violent... there has been some wild scenes already. Part of that is why I think it was just them doing something different more so than anything else. (budget restrictions etc)

This debate about that scene is starting to remind me of how people reacted to how Llewelyn's character played out in No Country For Old Men...

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just caught up on this piff and these last couple of episodes :whew:

My man Lester framing his brother, getting his nephew in trouble, and banging out the widow Hess. When he busted when Sam's picture fell off the frame :russ:

That whole scene when he was talking to Bill about how the night went down was a great performance, this dude Bill filling in half the story for him.

Poor Molly is the only competent one there, had the case figured out until coming home and now her whole world is turned inside out :skip:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm basically caught up with every show brehs are talkin about except hannibal

do I need to get on that or nah :patrice: im not really tryna watch a show for gore value
You ain't been eatin :dahell:

giphy.gif