⚽ The Official Euro 2024 Thread | 🇪🇦 reyes de Europa thanks to 2 🇨🇵 players | 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 lose a Euro final for the 2nd time in a row :wow:

Who you got ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Serbia Denmark Switzerland and first goal today when he's been on the pitch. Slovakia x2 and winner today when he's been subbed off.
ok
i thought it was only Serbia and today's first goal when on the pitch

He has had some shyt this tournament with his performances but today I thought he played very well

he looked like the Foden we see week in week out for City

LuuqMaan

Superstar
Daps
Even Brazil 2002 was a conservative defence and MF that relied on the magic of the 3 Rs. Argentina worked their socks off to give Messi the moments to win games.

It’s why Spain of 08-12 is the GOAT international team (although even they played pretty dull stuff at times)
:jbhmm:
My memory maybe bad but wasn’t that Brazil team more exciting than Spain who were playing peak tika taka and just 1-0 results?

Slim Charles

All Star
Daps
:jbhmm:
My memory maybe bad but wasn’t that Brazil team more exciting than Spain who were playing peak tika taka and just 1-0 results?

Yeh agreed Brazil was more exciting . Purely for the flair and talent of the front 3. While Del Bosque took a lot of the ‘excitement’ out of Pep’s Barcelona style. My point was more most international teams general play is quite basic and most winners of WC/ Euros have been teams who keep things fairly simple and get through rounds via experience and ultimately moments of brilliance.. England if they win will be an extreme case but it’s happened many times before.

Spain on the other hand in that era had a system and style way above the standards of international football where they probably could go toe to toe in a fantasy match with an all time great club side.

While for example Argentina 2022 getting completely smashed by say Man City 2022.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
He has had some shyt this tournament with his performances but today I thought he played very well

he looked like the Foden we see week in week out for City

That's because he's playing on the RHS which he should of been doing since the start of the tournament. He wants to play on the half turn which it's easier for him on the right as it gives him more options. I know you share my frustration with Waistcoat that it took till the 5th game to get him into that position :francis:

People been reading Transfermarkt and seeing he played 15 times on the left in 23/24 to say he can play there. Just because he can play there doesn't mean youre maximizing him properly without Pep. When you see the majority of Foden best moments of the season they're from the RHS.